• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

ISA and VLan

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA 2006 General] >> Installation and Planning >> ISA and VLan Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
ISA and VLan - 12.Jan.2011 7:34:19 PM   
cacuyado

I need help pls.!  im a newbie..
our isa server have 3 nic, external and other two internal, internal nic can be configure virtual nic, my problem here is i need atlest 3 separate network.. i already implemented two separate network from the two internal nic.. how to configure virtual nic in isa server so it can be default gateway for aditional network.
diagram.
internet ---modemn---- isa external---ISA --- internal nic1 -----DC
                                                                ----nic2  ------- Office computer
                                           (i want to add) ---- Virtual nic from NIC2 ----forWLAN
Now if theres virtual nic on nic2, office computer cant access to internet and so on the DC.
Post #: 1
RE: ISA and VLan - 15.Jan.2011 8:31:30 AM   
Bio

why not add a 4th nic to your isa server and connect that nic to your wireless environment ?
or buy a router/layer3 switch that connects the office/wireless/dc network to your isa box...then you'll only need 2 nics in the isa box

bio...

(in reply to cacuyado)
Post #: 2
RE: ISA and VLan - 16.Jan.2011 8:40:15 PM   
cacuyado

Thanks bio for the reply. yes i tried adding 1 nic on the isa box but that was and old desktop unit. now we upgraded to newer intel destop board but limited pci slot. hmm we are limited in terms of hardware here.
i gues we have here a layer 3 switch ..DGS - 3612. i just dont know how to configure it. i can log in to the admin thru web. im having difficulties trying to set it on vlan. i hope you can help me..this what i want to achieve:

1.) external nic ...DHCP from our ISP (or ppoe dialer)
2.) internal network (nic1) 192.168.3.0 this is for severs and admin office                    3.) vlan( 192.168.1.0) -- this is for the public users and other ofices that hate proxies..
4.) 2nd network(nic2) --- wifi environment.. authenticate via isa proxy

i already implemented 1,2,4.. my problem is where to place #3.. i dont want to use router with NAT since i cant control them.

thanks..

(in reply to Bio)
Post #: 3

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA 2006 General] >> Installation and Planning >> ISA and VLan Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts