• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

ISA and spam

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Firewall] >> Firewall Client >> ISA and spam Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
ISA and spam - 17.Dec.2007 6:25:08 PM   
wizbangdoodle

I am very new to ISA and am trying to learn as much as I can.  My question is, can spam be blocked or limited by ISA Server?  I run ISA Server 2004 and use a pop3 for email.
Post #: 1
RE: ISA and spam - 17.Dec.2007 9:36:38 PM   
hsdhilon

If you are using ISA 2004, then you are in some luck. ISA 2004 does have a Message Screener which you can configure to do some very basic anti-SPAM operations which includes blocking keywords and strings in the message content in addition to block common SMTP attacks. You can extend it by using third party tools like the one listed on http://www.isaserver.org/software/ISA/Content-Security/.

With ISA 2006, Microsoft decided to drop the Message screener as they want to push Antigen product which resides on Exchange server and protect exchange against viruses, spam and other email related threats.

-= harp

(in reply to wizbangdoodle)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Firewall] >> Firewall Client >> ISA and spam Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts