• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

ISA to SQL: how to use DSN

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA 2006 Firewall] >> Logging and Reporting >> ISA to SQL: how to use DSN Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
ISA to SQL: how to use DSN - 2.Feb.2010 11:13:06 AM   
tvbruwae

Hi

In article http://support.microsoft.com/kb/838710/en-us it is described how ISA server 2004/2006 is able to use a system DSN for logging firewall or web data to a remote SQL server.

Unfortunately the article does not contain a real example and in our situation it just doesn't work. We have a SQL Server with multiple instances, each named and using dynamic ports. When we configure the ISA server DSN's as described, we are able to successfully connect to the DB through them.

However, ISA Server has some fields in the "SQL Database" configuration section that are not clear for use with a DSN:

1)What is the "Server" field supposed to contain? There is a local DSN on the OS level while a remote server contains the SQL DB
2) Since we have dynamic SQL ports we need to connect through the DSN using only the instance name. What needs to be entered in the "port" section?

Thanks for any tips.
Post #: 1

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA 2006 Firewall] >> Logging and Reporting >> ISA to SQL: how to use DSN Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts