• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Internet Disconnecting frequently - Help please! (how to monitor bandwidth usage)

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 General] >> General >> Internet Disconnecting frequently - Help please! (how to monitor bandwidth usage) Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Internet Disconnecting frequently - Help please... - 10.Jul.2004 2:52:00 PM   
sankurian

Dear all,

I have ISA2000 with sp2 in win2000 server sp4. I have satellite Internet connection through a satellite modem connected to the external interface(ethernet card) in my isa. My ISP is using DHCP to give IP to my external interface.
Now, my Internet is disconnecting frequenttly. I have to disable and enable my external interface or reset the modem to reconnect it. This disconnection is happening in every 5 minutes or similar. My ISP is saying that the problem is with some HUGE UPLOAD from my side. How to control this huge upload? how can I monitor uploading and my bandwidth usage? How to see the live graph monitoring the bandwidth usage? Can u suggest some software? I have already GFIWebmonitor, but it is simply monitoring the web. No bandwidth monitor

Appreciate your kind help.

Thanks in advance

[ July 10, 2004, 02:54 PM: Message edited by: sankurian ]
Post #: 1
RE: Internet Disconnecting frequently - Help please10.Jul.2004 7:09:00 PM   
zzz343

Hello,

if your isp iSP is saying that the problem is with some HUGE UPLOAD from your side, it maybe true, because now a days, there are many new viruses which launch ddos attacks which increase uplink traffic on isa, thus chowking the ISA internal and external interface , and your uplink will chowk due to these attacks, user may face frequently firewall disconnction problem, slow netwok. To check if you are infected with the Dammn virus, you have to inspect your isa firewall logs, the new viruses are usually using any file name like MSBLASTER uses msblast.exe or teekids.exe, Sessor uses avserve2.exe . In your case it may be different.

Also setup reporting in iSA server to see what applications or software is downloading / uploading most of the data. To use more comprehensive detailed level of reporting, I strongly recommend to use LOGGERTYHM log analyzer ( http://www.Loggerythm.com ). Its very good and comprehensive reporting software. Give it a try.

(in reply to sankurian)
Post #: 2
RE: Internet Disconnecting frequently - Help please11.Jul.2004 7:46:00 AM   
sankurian

thank u very much for your reply. let me check this Logerythm log analyser.

(in reply to sankurian)
Post #: 3

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 General] >> General >> Internet Disconnecting frequently - Help please! (how to monitor bandwidth usage) Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts