• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Internet Phone Company

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 General] >> H.323 Gatekeeper >> Internet Phone Company Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Internet Phone Company - 26.Nov.2003 2:14:00 AM   
netboy541

Hello everyone --

I was wanting to possibly dive into the realm of eliminating my copper telephone and going with a voIP telephone company (vonage), considering it's dirt cheap and I can get a # back in tennessee so my mom can call me and I don't have to hear her complain about it being long distance! "[Razz]"

To my understanding, I get a box that is essentially a router, and I'm very afraid that if I plug that up in front of my ISA server, there will be hell to pay. Does anyone use a similar service, and if so, how do you have yours configured?

I'm running cable here.... with it directly connected to my ISA machine... and everything else hiding behind it.

Thanks! "[Roll
Post #: 1
RE: Internet Phone Company - 26.Nov.2003 5:30:00 AM   
jjwinter

Fear not.... don't worry about having a router in front of the ISA most (if not all) companies have a router in front of the ISA. what you need to worry about is understanding the protocols associated with VOIP, that is of course if your phone is behind your ISA. you will have to allow these protocols "out" of your ISA for successful call completion.

[ November 26, 2003, 05:31 AM: Message edited by: zer0degrees ]

(in reply to netboy541)
Post #: 2
RE: Internet Phone Company - 26.Nov.2003 9:37:00 AM   
netboy541

I see it coming...

Many many nights staying up drinking jolt trying to work the kinks out of it..

I'm thinkin maybe if i have it on the front side of the ISA server, I should be fine... but I'm hoping it won't interfere with anything else..

[Confused]

(in reply to netboy541)
Post #: 3

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 General] >> H.323 Gatekeeper >> Internet Phone Company Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts