• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Lineage with ISA

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 Misc.] >> Gaming >> Lineage with ISA Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Lineage with ISA - 9.Nov.2001 11:11:00 AM   
Kanit

Do you know the Lineage? It is the interesting MMORPG. http://www.lineage-us.com is the URL. I try to config my ISA to enable for this game. The technical FAQ is say.
"I am behind a firewall and can't connect to the game. What port do I use to play Lineage?

Use port 2000 to connect to Lineage server. If you are on a LAN please contact your network system administrator in regards to making port 2000 available to you. If you are using a personal computer firewall please contact the manufacturer of the firewall for assistance. NCInteractive is unable to assist you in managing firewall settings."

I try both TCP and UDP enable at port 2000. But I still can not play. Please advice.

Post #: 1
RE: Lineage with ISA - 9.Nov.2001 1:22:00 PM   
Jez

When you say you have opened up port 2000, can you confirm you have the following protocol definitions (and then a protocol rule which uses these definitions):

Protocol, Port, Direction
UDP , 2000, Send
UDP , 2000, Send Recieve
TCP , 2000, Outbound

If that doesnt work, try also enablind outbound and inbound secondary connections for each definitions (i.e, Port 1024-65535 Outbound and 1024-65535 inbound). Thats a bit over the top, so if that works you should then tighten down security (i would think it may just need secondary inbound connections to port 2000, not all ports).

If you still have no luck, just create a "All IP Traffic" protocol rule and see if it works. If still no luck, try also using the firewall client.

Also, check the firewall and IP packet filter logs (located under your ISA Server\ISALogs directory). You can use bt-Patrol from http://www.burstek.com/ptform.htm to view the logs in realtime, or just to view them in an easy to read fashion.

If you still cant get it to work, let me know and i'll download the game and give it a go.

Hope that helps.

------------------
Regards,
Jez
email: jez@ateallthepies.com
www: www.ateallthepies.com

(in reply to Kanit)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 Misc.] >> Gaming >> Lineage with ISA Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages