• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Logging Oddities

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Firewall] >> Logging and Reporting >> Logging Oddities Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Logging Oddities - 26.Mar.2005 1:54:00 AM   
cateyd

When using IE, if the Proxy Server is defined the client information is logged in ISA 2004. If "Automatically Detect Settings" is used, no web browsing actiivty is reported in ISA 2004 although in both instances the user is able to browse the Internet. Any help is much appreciated!
Post #: 1
RE: Logging Oddities - 26.Mar.2005 3:10:00 AM   
LLigetfa

How does the client access the internet on Auto detect? Does it have a route that can bypass the ISA? Does it use the firewall client or secureNAT? By proxy defined, do you mean web proxy?

(in reply to cateyd)
Post #: 2
RE: Logging Oddities - 26.Mar.2005 3:50:00 PM   
cateyd

It's a web proxy client - not SecureNAT or firewall. By proxy defined, I mean that the name of the ISA 2004 and port are entered manually. Good question on the route, there shouldn't be but I'll check - ISA is set so that if it's not available Internet access is denied. Got any more ideas? Thanks...

(in reply to cateyd)
Post #: 3
RE: Logging Oddities - 26.Mar.2005 4:03:00 PM   
LLigetfa

You still did not say what method the client uses when set to auto. I suspect that on auto, it is not detecting and therfore not configuring for web proxy. Can the client get to the internet if no proxy is set? If the ISA is the gateway or on the route, it might get out on a secureNAT connection. There may be an alternate route to the internet allowing the client access without ISA. Maybe there is another ISA or Proxy server that is being detected and used. Have you tried sniffing the network to see what it is doing?

(in reply to cateyd)
Post #: 4
RE: Logging Oddities - 28.Mar.2005 3:38:00 PM   
cateyd

Thanks for your help, I'll check out your suggestions. I just found some other info on which clients report what info in another forum - that looks be the resolution. Thanks again!

(in reply to cateyd)
Post #: 5

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Firewall] >> Logging and Reporting >> Logging Oddities Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts