• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Logging to File, unable to view logs in console

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Firewall] >> Logging and Reporting >> Logging to File, unable to view logs in console Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Logging to File, unable to view logs in console - 16.May2007 2:00:29 PM   
droopstop

I recently switched from logging to the MSDE instance on my ISA 2004 box to logging to file, when I attempt to view anything but live traffic in the logging console (i.e. set the filter log to to be anything but "Live")  it says " Web Proxy Component doesn't log to MSDE. Please select another log type or redfine Web Proxy logging settings before setting this filter", if I change the Log record type to be just "Firewall" it says the same thing except replaced "Web Proxy" with "Firewall". The ISA server is generating log files in the specified location, I just cant search them... Any ideas?
Post #: 1
RE: Logging to File, unable to view logs in console - 19.May2007 3:03:40 AM   
ClintD

I hear ya bud - this is a hard lesson I learned when switching over to log files as well. I learned as much as I could about Microsoft's Log Parser and I'm glad I did - it's a nice way to query your logs.

You can use TAIL and QGREP to perform some very basic searches, but Log Parser is the way to go.

(in reply to droopstop)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Firewall] >> Logging and Reporting >> Logging to File, unable to view logs in console Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts