• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Looking for 2 Add-ons

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 Misc.] >> 3rd Party Add-ons >> Looking for 2 Add-ons Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Looking for 2 Add-ons - 14.Mar.2008 2:31:39 PM   
TheGmer

I am looking to add a couple of features to my ISA server.  The first would be some sort of graph that I can use to track which subnet is using most of our bandwidth, there are a total of 6 subnets.  The second would be a way to limit how much bandwidth ISA is using.  I have found a few add-ons that you can use to limit how much each user can use.  I am looking to allow all the users have an unlimited about, but only want ISA to use a precentage of our bandwith.  ISA server connects to 2 T1's, so 3Mb.  I want to limit ISA to using, say 2.5Mb, that way there is still room for email and a few other computerse to access the internet.  Thanks for your help.

Josh Templeton
Network Administrator
Post #: 1
RE: Looking for 2 Add-ons - 17.Mar.2008 12:43:25 AM   
AHIT

There's certainly nothing within ISA that can 'hard limit' its usage to a certain value.
A quick google search fro me just revealed this is a possible candidate witht eh tet 'speed limit' - http://www.filesland.com/companies/Ming-Jin/NetPeeker.html

I cannot vouch for that particualr program though... and have no idea what effect it's 'built in personal firewall' would have.

Alternately, I'd be more tempted to look at the router that provides access to the ISA box and impose limits on max speed there. Guess it depends on what models of router you use if you can do this!

http://www.ahit.com.au/isa
(Previous nick: Tolk)

(in reply to TheGmer)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 Misc.] >> 3rd Party Add-ons >> Looking for 2 Add-ons Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts