• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

MSN Messenger Problem suddenly

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 Firewall] >> Firewall Client >> MSN Messenger Problem suddenly Page: [1] 2 3   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
MSN Messenger Problem suddenly - 18.Nov.2002 11:24:00 AM   
rajaedward

Hi,

Msn messenger is not working for me from my inside ISA server suddenly from last Friday 15.11.2002. It was working till 11 AM in the morning. That time we recieved a maintenance message from Microsoft saying MSN will be logged off automatically. After that we couldn't sign in to MSN still. We have restricted users IP, Protocol and site wise. Now we could see while logging in to MSN it's going to various IP's and ports. I would like to know whether anybody faced this problem last week.I have given full site[IP] permission to my users now. Still we couldn't login to the MSN. Can anybody help us on this issue?

Thanks in Advance

Regards,
Raja.E
Post #: 1
RE: MSN Messenger Problem suddenly - 18.Nov.2002 12:07:00 PM   
IvanDP

I have also installed ISA Server in production for more than 6 months.
Every client works with the firewall client, authentication required for
internet access.

MSN Messenger worked fine untill a few days ago no one is able to log on to
MSN Messenger service, unless I install the client as a SecureNAT client
(but then I loose the authentication for my log-files and reports and policies ).

Already had installed the latest Service Packs and Hot Fixes.

Strange thing is that for no particular reason it stopped working.

Can anyone help me or give a hint?

(in reply to rajaedward)
Post #: 2
RE: MSN Messenger Problem suddenly - 18.Nov.2002 3:42:00 PM   
Ajmal

Oh my GOD, and i'm banging my head since morning into my isa server [Mad] . This is silly, i even removed all my definitions/protocol rules, thinking that i may have done something silly into it [Confused] .

Can anybody have the reason for this. On Saturday we did got connected, but the connections were very erratic. But today, we just couldn't and everybody in my office was cursing me [Razz] .

What is the way out.

Is anybody using Yahoo messenger, I'm unable to connect Yahoo messenger also behind ISA server. I have tried all settings in yahoo, with/without proxy/direct connection/ etc. HTTP redirector with behind firewall option as well as direct to web also. but nothing worked, even opened its favourite 5050 port in protocols, MSP client is installed on my machine and no default gateway is defined in network properties. What could be the reason.

Thanks in Advance

Ajmal

(in reply to rajaedward)
Post #: 3
RE: MSN Messenger Problem suddenly - 18.Nov.2002 7:37:00 PM   
Doc

same problem here, if you look at your logs msnm is trying to use the web proxy service to connect even with the fw client installed... disabling IE's proxy settings allows msnm to connect...

(in reply to rajaedward)
Post #: 4
RE: MSN Messenger Problem suddenly - 18.Nov.2002 8:41:00 PM   
ddaley

Same problem here! BUT .. Check this out.. People on my network using the MSNM client to connect can't but I can using Trillian .. No problems at all but i've tried everything to get the others out. I don't want to install Trillian on them either..

(in reply to rajaedward)
Post #: 5
RE: MSN Messenger Problem suddenly - 18.Nov.2002 10:15:00 PM   
LGR

Hello friends:

I'm having the same problem here. I can connect to the messenger service using Trillian. Any cue?

I disable proxies configuration in my IE but nothing changes.

Thanks in advance
Lfber

(in reply to rajaedward)
Post #: 6
RE: MSN Messenger Problem suddenly - 19.Nov.2002 10:38:00 AM   
rajaedward

Hi,

After removing the proxy setting from my IE I could sign into MSN behind my ISA. It seems it started using web proxy service.

Hi Tom,

Can you help us to reolve this issue?

Regards,
Raja.E

(in reply to rajaedward)
Post #: 7
RE: MSN Messenger Problem suddenly - 19.Nov.2002 11:32:00 AM   
wi11iam

Well, to confuse matters even more, I have Windows Messenger 4.7 (which comes standard with Windows XP) working fine, but MSN Messenger 5.0 (which was deployed a couple of days ago) cannot connect at all.

Other Messengers such as ICQ work just fine.

Cheers
William R.

(in reply to rajaedward)
Post #: 8
RE: MSN Messenger Problem suddenly - 19.Nov.2002 12:10:00 PM   
rajaedward

Hi William,

The same thing is happening for me also.I could sign in using MSN messenger 4.6 but not using the new version 5.0. It shows authentication error while sign in.The log clearly shows my attempt was success and the status code is "0" . I don't know what is going on?????? [Roll Eyes] The problem for me now the users cannot do both browsing and chatting at the same time. It's critical for the companies like us doing the customer support.

Regards,
Raja.E

(in reply to rajaedward)
Post #: 9
RE: MSN Messenger Problem suddenly - 19.Nov.2002 1:10:00 PM   
redbaron

I got the same problem... I got MSN Messenger 4.7 and work fine, but in another machine I got the version 5.0 and doesn't work...

I think is a problem of the MSN service because I check all my configuration, and nothing...

(in reply to rajaedward)
Post #: 10
RE: MSN Messenger Problem suddenly - 19.Nov.2002 1:55:00 PM   
Alvin

Hi there. I'm seeing another problem: some PC's are using MSN 4.6, and some other are using 5.0 (mine included)Since last friday i've seen some packet lose in MSN communications; eventhough HTTP/S, SMTP and all the other protocols we use are working fine, relliably with no packet lose at all. Most users complain that when first sending a message it's returned back as not delivered; works fine when retrying and after that it fails very few times.... but it fails.
Did anyone experienced something like that? Any ideas?? Thanks a lot. Cheers, Alvin

(in reply to rajaedward)
Post #: 11
RE: MSN Messenger Problem suddenly - 19.Nov.2002 4:47:00 PM   
ddaley

Here's a kicker..

I just installed Trillian on another PC and it didn't work.. It does the same thing her MSN client does, it connects and shows a list but will not send messages. Both report back problems sending the message.

Could it be that it works on mines and not the other PC because my PC is WinXP and the other is Win98?

hmm..

(in reply to rajaedward)
Post #: 12
RE: MSN Messenger Problem suddenly - 19.Nov.2002 5:42:00 PM   
rajaedward

Hi Dan,

Samething is happening for me in Trillian here.I don't know what MSN providers are doing??? ... [Big Grin]

Regards,
Raja.E

(in reply to rajaedward)
Post #: 13
RE: MSN Messenger Problem suddenly - 19.Nov.2002 7:05:00 PM   
LGR

Hi friends:

The only way that I get MSN messenger connected from my PC was removing IE proxy config and enable HTTP Redirector to foward request direct to servers. I did a capture and I found this

POST http://207.46.110.34/gateway/gateway.dll?SessionID=437333498.7127 HTTP/1.1
Accept: */*
Accept-Language: en-us
Accept-Encoding: gzip, deflate
User-Agent: MSMSGS
Host: 207.46.110.34
Proxy-Connection: Keep-Alive
Connection: Keep-Alive
Pragma: no-cache
Content-Type: application/x-msn-messenger
Content-Length: 8

Follow, a capture whith IE configured as a web proxy client. Nota that Messenger is train to connect to diferent machine (It never get connected)and the message refer to proxy authentication.

POST http:/gateway.messenger.hotmail.com/gateway/gateway.dll?Action=open&Server=NS&IP=207.46.104.20 HTTP/1.1
Accept: */*
Accept-Language: en-us
Accept-Encoding: gzip, deflate
User-Agent: MSMSGS
Host: gateway.messenger.hotmail.com
Proxy-Connection: Keep-Alive
Connection: Keep-Alive
Pragma: no-cache
Content-Type: application/x-msn-messenger
Content-Length: 36
HTTP/1.1 407 Proxy Authentication Required ( The ISA Server requires authorization to fulfill the request. Access to the Web Proxy service is denied. )

and the last is a capture using Trillian to connect to msn service:

VER 4 MSNP5
VER 4 MSNP5
INF 5
INF 5 MD5
USR 6 MD5 I peque2k99@hotmail.com
USR 6 MD5 S 1037723068.29040
USR 7 MD5 S 8ddeb78f2f341b7c7c16a93015bf08df
USR 7 OK peque2k99@hotmail.com Liber
SYN 8 0
MSG Hotmail Hotmail 445
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/x-msmsgsprofile; charset=UTF-8
LoginTime: 1037723069
EmailEnabled: 1
MemberIdHigh: 93776
MemberIdLow: -50228050
lang_preference: 3082
preferredEmail: peque2k99@hotmail.com
PostalCode:
Kid: 0
BDayPre: 2
Birthday: 27441
Wallet: 0
Flags: 1027
sid: 507
kv: 4
MSPAuth: CTREWS6XDYFPUNUA8jxZYx8hpig2ccAve0M!TLoJKonZOTbDKfvUG7Pu6xkGY0IhOEDd^&R#@L;6c!f455g$$

Liber

(in reply to rajaedward)
Post #: 14
RE: MSN Messenger Problem suddenly - 19.Nov.2002 9:14:00 PM   
SyCo2

Same here. Using ISA with HTTP proxy + FW winsock client, all worked fine until a few days ago.

Using IE6 with http proxy and FW client connected to the ISA server ... it doesn't work.

However if I change my FW client so it can use an MsProxy 2.0 server for winsock requests ... it works !

My point is that even with http proxy enabled in IE it seems to try winsock at some point.

I hope someone will help us soon [Frown]

(in reply to rajaedward)
Post #: 15
RE: MSN Messenger Problem suddenly - 20.Nov.2002 3:14:00 AM   
rick.frankel@expert.com

I too am experiencing this problem. Its very very strange. I would like to post this thread to the Microsoft ISA newsgroup but that to from their website is broken.

Will keep trying I guess.

Tom any help would be greatly appreciated.

Rick

(in reply to rajaedward)
Post #: 16
RE: MSN Messenger Problem suddenly - 20.Nov.2002 5:44:00 AM   
skipster

Having The smae issue, it all started last Friday. Very wierd indeed.

(in reply to rajaedward)
Post #: 17
RE: MSN Messenger Problem suddenly - 20.Nov.2002 7:35:00 AM   
Ajmal

Raja, you can enter gateway server address on local machine's network properties, that way you can do both, but what's the use, when no messages are moving out from msn. This is weird. I tried with 4.6, 4.7, both versions are unable to send messages, i have not yet installed 5.0

Thanks

Ajmal

(in reply to rajaedward)
Post #: 18
RE: MSN Messenger Problem suddenly - 20.Nov.2002 3:12:00 PM   
jalbritton

This will be my third day on the phone to microsoft's isa support. Has any one else contacted microsoft ? They are having me jump thru hoops changing configs. More people need to report this problem if we are to see results.

(in reply to rajaedward)
Post #: 19
RE: MSN Messenger Problem suddenly - 20.Nov.2002 4:06:00 PM   
rajaedward

Hi jalbritton,

Thanks for the update. I thought of logging a call in MS Premier support. I may loose one call if I logged the call today. We didn't see any comment from Tom [Big Grin] still???

Regards,
Raja.E

(in reply to rajaedward)
Post #: 20

Page:   [1] 2 3   next >   >> << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 Firewall] >> Firewall Client >> MSN Messenger Problem suddenly Page: [1] 2 3   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts