• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Multiple IP and Multiple mail server headache

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA 2006 Publishing] >> Exchange Publishing >> Multiple IP and Multiple mail server headache Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Multiple IP and Multiple mail server headache - 28.Aug.2007 7:53:56 PM   
jmorgan

Hi All

Have a scenario whereby I publish a number of mail servers that I would like to move behind ISA 2006 Enterprise. I have a range of 32 IP's from my ISP. The external IP was bound to each mail server's network card so traffic went into and appeared to come from each mail server. Reverse lookups are configured for each IP.

As an example lets say we have :

Private IP                          Public IP
10.0.0.1                      60.0.0.1   (mail.company1.com)
10.0.0.2                      60.0.0.2   (mail.company2.com)
10.0.0.3                      60.0.0.3   (mail.company3.com)
etc

All of the public IP's have now been put onto the ISA server's external network card. Publishing rules route mail inbound to the correct server. However outbound smtp, whether from 10.0.0.1,10.0.0.2 or 10.0.0.3 all appears to be coming from 60.0.0.1. We noticed this when we got headaches because a large local ISP bounced the email because of issues with the mx record/reverse pointer pointing to the wrong public IP.

Now is there a way to use a the correct public IP for each host? Or alternatively can we use ISA in and sort of bridged mode? And still use ISA but have the external IP on the mail servers themselves?

Thanks in advance
Jeff
Post #: 1

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA 2006 Publishing] >> Exchange Publishing >> Multiple IP and Multiple mail server headache Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts