• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Need fast install reference

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA 2006 General] >> Installation and Planning >> Need fast install reference Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Need fast install reference - 2.Nov.2006 3:31:12 PM   
paul_psmith

Hey.

I am new to ISA. I have also recently moved from our Windows Server team to our Security team. I know a lot about Windows Servers, but not much about firewalls. Up until now that has been handled by the security team.

My first job as a security professional is to build a set of ISA servers for our Exchange 2003 migration. I have about two weeks to get this up and running. I need some hard and fast information about how to get this working well. Any books or consolidated information anywhere would be great. I have been trying to get pieces here and there and it gets frustrating.

here is our basic set up:
1. SC and ISA in a Workgroup
2. six servers total in three worldwide sites
3. Where SC is installed will also have ISA installed
4. Two ISA servers at primary site behind a Cisco load balancer
5. Other two sites will need NLBS
6. We can generate our own 20 year certs, but want easier way to create and load cert other than MS info in ISA install docs. Can I use MS Q 321051 to do this like I did for AD?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Post #: 1
RE: Need fast install reference - 4.Nov.2006 11:44:51 AM   
tshinder

Hi Paul,

You're going to have your work cut out for you :)

Read about OWA on this site and get the book to learn about the ISA Firewall. The ISA Firewall as a ton of security features that you will miss if you're not read up on the subject.

For example, you might want to ditch the cisco load balancers, we there's a good chance you don't need them and they will introduce a level of failure you abosolutely don't need. But eval the situation.

HTH,
Tom

Thomas W Shinder, M.D.

(in reply to paul_psmith)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA 2006 General] >> Installation and Planning >> Need fast install reference Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts