• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Need help with RoadRunner webmail session timed out error

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 General ] >> ISA 2004 SBS >> Need help with RoadRunner webmail session timed out error Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Need help with RoadRunner webmail session timed out error - 31.Jan.2006 11:54:48 PM   
dsatchell

I have a client with SBS2003 Premium with ISA 2004 and every time they try to access the TimeWarner Roadrunner Webmail they get an error that says "session timed out". I do have the FWClient on each machine. I also get the same error when I use the server.

The error pops up once you click on the login button. Every once in awhile you can actually get in and read one email but then you get the session timed out message again. I have fixed this once before but for the life of me I can't remember what I did to fix it.

What am I forgetting?

Thanx, David.
Post #: 1
RE: Need help with RoadRunner webmail session timed out... - 31.Jan.2006 11:59:29 PM   
ababinchak

Client connection limits too low?

Amy

Need more help? http://isainsbs.blogspot.com

(in reply to dsatchell)
Post #: 2
RE: Need help with RoadRunner webmail session timed out... - 1.Feb.2006 10:31:27 AM   
dsatchell

I tried setting the connection limits to 500 from 160 but that didn't make a difference. I had this fixed before SBS SP1 but I don't remember what I did.

I also tried this on the server and had the same problem when IE is configured with proxy settings. When I disable the proxy in IE then the webmail works just fine.

More suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanx, David.

(in reply to dsatchell)
Post #: 3
RE: Need help with RoadRunner webmail session timed out... - 15.Feb.2006 10:34:42 PM   
moezovi

I just figured this problem out- it was a head scratcher. Apparently, the site cookie the session is based on compares your local PC clock to their server clock. My local network was running 3 minutes faster than Road Runner's server and the session time out is 3 minutes. So, I was never able to login. I bumped my local clock back 3 minutes and everything is fine.

RR sucks.

MZ

(in reply to dsatchell)
Post #: 4

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 General ] >> ISA 2004 SBS >> Need help with RoadRunner webmail session timed out error Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts