• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

NetMeeting configration

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 General] >> H.323 Gatekeeper >> NetMeeting configration Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
NetMeeting configration - 12.Apr.2002 6:10:00 PM   
zohayr

hello every one, here is my question...
i am using netmeeting on a LAN. So i enter the options for gatekeeper and it connects to the gatekeeper. But the problem is that i need to make calls outside of lan through a Gateway which is an ip address, how can i do this?
Post #: 1
RE: NetMeeting configration - 12.Apr.2002 6:33:00 PM   
spouseele

Hi Zohayr,

do some further reading! [Big Grin]

Check out:
- http://www.isaserver.org/shinder/tutorials/gatekeeper.htm
- http://www.isaserver.org/shinder/tutorials/NetMeeting_ISA%20Server.htm
- http://www.isaserver.org/pages/wp/configuring%20isa%20h323.htm
- http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q288206
- http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q289581
- http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q303098

Hope this helps,
Stefaan

(in reply to zohayr)
Post #: 2
RE: NetMeeting configration - 16.Apr.2002 12:59:00 PM   
zohayr

Hi Stefaan,
i have already read those articals, but they didnt help me much, maybe because they are not relevent to my problem or maybe case i just started using ISA. Any way i sent my problem to few message boards and i didn't get any reply so far, so it made me think maybe the problem is unclear. So i will explain one more time.

I have a ISA server that is connected to internet. All clients are connecting to internet using this server. Now i wish to activate the NetMeeting for outside of our LAN. Our company uses netmeeting to place phone calls through a gateway.
What its done on a normal PC directlly connected to internet is that we give the ip address of Gateway (which is in an other country). then before dailing any number we dail 15 and then the telephone number.
Now i want to be able to do the same thing on the client computers. I have to mention that we do not use netmeeting for calls within LAN and we do not wish to recive calls from out side, we just want to be able to call outside.

Please help me to sort this out. [Confused]

[ April 16, 2002, 03:58 PM: Message edited by: Zohayr ]

(in reply to zohayr)
Post #: 3
RE: NetMeeting configration - 16.Apr.2002 4:01:00 PM   
zohayr

I just realized some thing, i tried to make a call to that gateway (remote) using the server which is directly connected to internet. It didn't work and what i saw is that netmeeting was using the network card connected to LAN. but im not sure if this has to do any thing with my problem... BUT how can i fix it???

(in reply to zohayr)
Post #: 4
RE: NetMeeting configration - 17.Apr.2002 4:01:00 PM   
tshinder

Hi Zohayr,

Sounds like you need to create a Destination and a Routing Rule to your PSTN gateway. Read the White Paper again and check out the information in the Help File regarding the rules. If there's something there you don't understand, just ask your questions here.

Thanks!

Tom

(in reply to zohayr)
Post #: 5
RE: NetMeeting configration - 17.Apr.2002 9:45:00 PM   
zohayr

Hi Tom, thanks for the answer.
so far this is what i have

"Destinations --- the gateway that we use to make call through eg. 194.154.15.18, type=gateway or proxy"

"Phone Number rules: Name=All External, pattern=default, matching=15 (this is the number we dail before the phone number), destination=gateway or proxy (194.154.15.18)

but it still doesn't work... any suggestions [Confused]

(in reply to zohayr)
Post #: 6
RE: NetMeeting configration - 18.Apr.2002 6:41:00 AM   
tshinder

Hi Zohayr,

Time to do what I have to do everytime I set up a new H.323 Gatekeeper -- break out Network Monitor and figure out what the problem is. I polished my NetMon skills by pounding my head over a H.323 Gatekeeper problem about a year ago. It'll be a good experience [Big Grin]

HTH,
Tom

(in reply to zohayr)
Post #: 7
RE: NetMeeting configration - 19.Apr.2002 9:51:00 AM   
zohayr

Do you guys know how can i fix the problem i got with routing tables, how can i change them?? [Confused]

(in reply to zohayr)
Post #: 8
RE: NetMeeting configration - 19.Apr.2002 4:03:00 PM   
wasif_he_wasif

Hi
u should have to tell ur ip with whom u want to start net meeting. And that person enter ur ip in his default gate way then u will be able to start NetMeeting.. Its the best solution ..
[Smile] [Cool]

(in reply to zohayr)
Post #: 9
RE: NetMeeting configration - 20.Apr.2002 1:00:00 AM   
zohayr

I still messed around with these configrations, so far no luck. Now im starting to get a feeling that this is not working because the routing table is abit messed up as far as i see. As i said before when i try to use netmeeting on the server it starts to look with in the internal network, how can this be fixed??? [Confused] [Frown]

(in reply to zohayr)
Post #: 10
RE: NetMeeting configration - 21.Apr.2002 7:41:00 AM   
tshinder

Hi Zohayr,

What routing table issue do you think you have?

Thanks!

Tom

(in reply to zohayr)
Post #: 11
RE: NetMeeting configration - 23.Apr.2002 3:13:00 PM   
zohayr

Well it seems my Routing Table is not right. as i said before when i try to use Netmeeting to connect to an other computer outside it starts to use the NIC which is connected to LAN. And also when i try to search the network for printers it looks at the NIC connected to the Internet.
How can this be fixed???

TNX for HELP

(in reply to zohayr)
Post #: 12
RE: NetMeeting configration - 24.Apr.2002 12:39:00 AM   
tshinder

Hi Zohayr,

Sounds like things are really messed up! [Razz]

I would read the network setup articles in the Learning Zone and rebuild from scratch. I don't even know where to begin to fix this [Big Grin]

Tom

(in reply to zohayr)
Post #: 13
RE: NetMeeting configration - 26.Apr.2002 10:56:00 AM   
zohayr

Well i think the same way Tom,
im gonna install Windows 2000 Advanced Server and ISA from scrach. But i wanted to ask are there any special configs i have to make, since i have one server and evry thing installed on it (Active Directry, DHCP, Domain Controller, ISA.....)

(in reply to zohayr)
Post #: 14
RE: NetMeeting configration - 27.Apr.2002 5:00:00 PM   
tshinder

Hi Zohayr,

Having all the services on the same machine makes the configuration much more complicated. You can find some articles on how to deal with some of these issues at www.isaserver.org/shinder

HTH,
Tom

(in reply to zohayr)
Post #: 15
RE: NetMeeting configration - 15.May2002 9:09:00 PM   
zohayr

alright... i have reinstalled the server and it seems to work better. now the clients connect to the server but as soon as the connection between the server and gateway is stablished, netmeeting hanges up??? why???

(in reply to zohayr)
Post #: 16
RE: NetMeeting configration - 16.May2002 5:50:00 AM   
tshinder

Hi Zohayr,

Which server and what gateway?

Thanks!

Tom

(in reply to zohayr)
Post #: 17
RE: NetMeeting configration - 21.May2002 3:48:00 PM   
zohayr

Hi Tom,
i will explain the problem once again...
I have a ISA Server 2000 on a Win. AD Server. I need to setup the network in such way that clients are able to make phone calls using a gateway. What i did so far is that i configured the gatway as a "Proxy, gateway" destenation. Then i seted up some Phone rules that all the phone numbers starting with 261 should be diverted to the gateway. The clients are set in such way to connect to the local gatekeeper.
Now when i try to make a call it connectes to the gateway and then it disconnects. what could be the problem.
[Confused]

Zohayr

(in reply to zohayr)
Post #: 18

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 General] >> H.323 Gatekeeper >> NetMeeting configration Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts