• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Oracle iSupport Publishing

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Cache] >> General >> Oracle iSupport Publishing Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Oracle iSupport Publishing - 6.Jul.2006 12:08:21 PM   
Dave Simm

I hope someone can help...  I'm beginning to pull my hair out...

We have an Oracle system internally on our LAN (164.38.197.xx) and an ISA 2004 (single NIC) server in our DMZ (164.38.184.xx).  We want to publish the internal Oracle page to the outside world while also securing the page with an SSL certificate. We have purchased the SSL certificate, published the page using the secure web page publishing, which we can then access OK.  However.  When i attempt to login to the Oracle page from any external webclient and actually use the page... traffic doesn't appear to be getting back to the client and i am just reprompted with a login page again.

Here is exactly what happens...

From an external web client we hit the ISA server address https://ISASERVERDNS/OA_HTML/xxgc_jtflogin.jsp
The ISA server accepts this traffic, verifies the SSL certificate and then routes/forwards/bridges the traffic onto our internal Oracle iSupport page (http://genapp01:8050/OA_HTML/xgc_jtflogin.jsp)....  Notice the port change, from 443 to 8050...  Is this the issue?

The primary logon page works fine, and after logging in i am presented with all the correct options...  But, when i try then clicking on any options on the page i am just re-prompted with the initial logon page.

After reading some other similar issues upon these forums what i wanted to try was enabling secondary connections on the protocol definition for in/out ports 2000-65000.  Although i can't find anyway to do this. Is there any way of doing this on a web-publishing rule?  Or am i just completely confused?!

Please help!

Kind Regards

Dave
Post #: 1
RE: Oracle iSupport Publishing - 11.Jul.2006 5:35:53 PM   
tshinder

Hi Dave,

Keep in mind that single NIC configs (also well known as "hork mode") are severely limited.

Why not fully deploy the ISA firewall and get the protection your paid for?

Thanks!
Tom

Thomas W Shinder, M.D.

(in reply to Dave Simm)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Cache] >> General >> Oracle iSupport Publishing Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts