• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Outlook Mapi Client fails Internally

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 General ] >> ISA 2004 SBS >> Outlook Mapi Client fails Internally Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Outlook Mapi Client fails Internally - 19.Sep.2005 10:40:00 AM   
kyleheath

I have just setup a Terminal Server with Outlook to connect to my SBS2003, All works fine when ISA 2004 is not installed, but once it is installed Outlook fails to open with the errors "The set of folders cannot be opened".

This is connecting to Exchange 2003 on the SBS, any client PC however on the network works fine, and changing the IP address of the Terminal Server makes no difference. I unstalled ISA and Outlook works fine, reinstalled and the problem occurs again.

I have checked the ISA Logs and the server intiates the connection and then drops it straight away on the RDP filter.

Ive setup another SBS 2003 only last week with the same config with no issues, do you think it could be a falky NIC that could cause ISA to drop the internal packets?

Any ideas would be much appreciated?

Thanks

Kyle
Post #: 1
RE: Outlook Mapi Client fails Internally - 19.Sep.2005 11:59:00 AM   
kyleheath

Solved! the RPC filter on the ISA was incompatible with the version of RPC on my Windows 2003 SP1 server. Found the KB article

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=0B3B8B50-9A7A-43CA-8E30-CCFCD8AD5FA3&displaylang=en

This is a patch to fix the said issue, enough to tear my hair out mind but its done now.

I should always learn to check my patches first!

Thanks

kyle

(in reply to kyleheath)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 General ] >> ISA 2004 SBS >> Outlook Mapi Client fails Internally Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts