• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Outlook to External Exchange through Cisco VPN

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Firewall] >> Access Policies >> Outlook to External Exchange through Cisco VPN Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Outlook to External Exchange through Cisco VPN - 10.Mar.2010 4:30:31 AM   
SteveWest

Hi all,
I have been trying to get a working config for about 2 weeks now with no joy what so ever.
This is my setup ISA 2004 2 nics internal 10.0.0.1 external fixed IP.
An internal user needs to collect mail from a remote server using outlook 2003 using a Cisco VPN client, the VPN client connects no problem but outlook sits in tryin g to connect state. The VPN Host address is 196.22.185.37 an the remote site network address is 192.168.16.2.
Does anyone have an idea as to what i can try as i am out of ideas, i do however think it has something to do with DNS as i can ping the server IP on the remote site but not the name, changing the profile in outlook to use the IP works for a short period and then updates to user the remote exchange server name, which when the next time the client tries to connect again cannot resolve the name again.

The 2 site are on different domains if that help i diagnosis.

Thanks
Post #: 1
RE: Outlook to External Exchange through Cisco VPN - 25.Mar.2010 2:26:01 PM   
pwindell

You must add the 192.168.16.2 (or the whole subnet) to the Addresses Tab of the Internal Network Defintion.   Once the Cisco VPN  Client makes the connection this networks segment becomes part of your Internal LAN (whether you like it or not).

Then a Static Route needs added to the OS of the ISA box for that same Network.
This will be a non-sense route that really does nothing,...it never gets used.  But it prevents ISA from complaining that is has addresses in the Internal Network Definition that it has no valid "route" to reach it.  Just point the route to the Internal Nic IP of the ISA.

You may continue to have issues between Outlook and the remote Mail Server,...but it won't be ISA's fault,...because ISA is not used to get there.

Phillip Windell

(in reply to SteveWest)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Firewall] >> Access Policies >> Outlook to External Exchange through Cisco VPN Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts