• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Pardon me if all this has been asked before.....

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 General] >> General >> Pardon me if all this has been asked before..... Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Pardon me if all this has been asked before..... - 7.Mar.2002 2:35:00 AM   
mkimmel

I am attempting to migrate from Proxy 2.0 to ISA Standard and I'm coming across some interesting questions that I can't seem to find the answers to. If anyone can help please, please do!

1. Is it possible to configure MSN Messenger and AOL Instant Messenger? I tried to configure it like the MS site suggested, but it's not working.

2. How about email? Again, I've attempted to configure it like the MS site says, but to no avail.

3. (this is the biggy for us) I work in a technical college that only allows the students access to the internet at specified times or when the instructor asks for it. With Proxy 2.0 the way I handled this was to create global groups for each class and literally turn them on and off by groups. I know that this is possible with ISA and in fact I believe I can make it even easier to implement with the scheduling features, but I'm having some trouble getting the rules to work correctly. I can configure it to allow myself and the admin staff to have access all the time, but when I try to "turn on and turn off" a gerneic user account it doesn't work. I keep getting the login box that wont let the generic account through. Can anyone help me with this type of setup? All the how-to's and books that I've seen don't get very specific about this and I'm starting to get frustrated.

Sorry for the long post, but I really need some help with this since I have to attempt to go live with ISA at the end of April and I'm just now begining to work with it.

Thanks for any help anyone can provide!

Mike
Post #: 1
RE: Pardon me if all this has been asked before..... - 7.Mar.2002 9:48:00 PM   
tshinder

Hi Mike,

Check 0ut the articles at www.isaserver.org/shinder again. All questions are answered there [Big Grin]

HTH,
Tom

(in reply to mkimmel)
Post #: 2
RE: Pardon me if all this has been asked before..... - 8.Mar.2002 1:53:00 AM   
mkimmel

Tom,

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction! I completely missed that section of the site while looking at the other sections.

BTW, I have your book (bought a few weeks ago before I even knew about the site). It's a great book. I'm so glad to see that someone is still writing books that cater to configuring and using, and not just the MCSE test that goes with the subject.

Mike

(in reply to mkimmel)
Post #: 3

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 General] >> General >> Pardon me if all this has been asked before..... Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts