• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Please Help! Question about Netmeeting, ILS and ISA Server

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 General] >> H.323 Gatekeeper >> Please Help! Question about Netmeeting, ILS and ISA Server Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Please Help! Question about Netmeeting... - 3.Apr.2002 9:45:00 PM   
carlozz

Hello friends, "[Razz]"

I'm having problems to enable pass of Netmeeting traffic through ISA Server. My current scenario is as follows:

We have an ILS server on the Internet (outside ISA Server) to register internal clients (located behind ISA Server) and external clients (connected directly to the Internet). Both types of clients are using Netmeeting and are configured to use our ILS Server. We need to allow communication between internal and external clients to participate in audio, video and data conferences. We don't want to change client configuration settings.

How can we enable this kind of traffic through ISA Server?

Do we need to open special port ranges for Netmeeting and ILS??

Do we need to enable H.323 Gatekeeper service ? (Currently we don't have that service installed)

Can we integrate an ILS Server with a Gatekeeper ?
"[Confused]"

I was checking the following article in http://www.isaserver.org: "Tutorial: Basic NetMeeting and ISA Server H.323 Gatekeeper Configuration" from Tom Shinder. This article mentions the following two scenarios but it doesn't talk about them: "[Frown]"

PC to PC communications using an ILS Server when one machine is on the internal network and one on an external network

PC to PC communications when both machines are on the same internal name and connected to an ILS Server

Where can I find information about this scenarios???

I'd be grateful if you can give me your recommendations or send me some information. "[Big

Thanks,

mauriciop@solosoft.com
http://www.solosoft.com
SoloSoft Ltda.
Post #: 1
RE: Please Help! Question about Netmee... - 5.Apr.2002 8:30:00 AM   
tshinder

Hi Carlozz,

If you connect to an external ILS server, you will be able to call external network clients, but they will not be able to call you. If you have all your internal network clients connect to the same internal ILS server, they will be able to connect to each other.

I understand that you might be able to publish your internal ILS server and allow external clients to register with it. However, they will not be able to call internal network clients, sinc the internal network clients register their private addresses with the ILS server.

Click the Whitepapers link for details on the H.323 Gatekeeper.

HTH,
Tom

(in reply to carlozz)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 General] >> H.323 Gatekeeper >> Please Help! Question about Netmeeting, ILS and ISA Server Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts