• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Problem with IRC and MSN messenger

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Cache] >> General >> Problem with IRC and MSN messenger Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Problem with IRC and MSN messenger - 4.Jul.2006 11:36:02 AM   
ThatOtherGuy

Hi all,

I have a unihomed ISA 2004 box. Clients use it as their proxy as well as their gateway. Most users are not having too many issues, but I have 2 that are. They try connecting with Mirc and it fails to connect. On further testing, i noticed that if I left the proxy in but changed their gateway to another gateway, Mirc worked fine. However, MSN worked well anyway. That is in Windows.

However, when the one client boots up into Linux he has to use an alternate gateway to get the messenger as well as Mirc to work. Not sure if there's something on ISA's side that could be an issue to them and I may be lucky to have everything work on my machine? Or could the problem be on their side?

I'm not sure how the 1 NIC machine could impact on the situation, either.

Regards.
Post #: 1
RE: Problem with IRC and MSN messenger - 5.Jul.2006 8:53:31 AM   
ThatOtherGuy

Hi all.

I created a rule to allow all traffic in ISA. the message that the user now gets when he tries to connect to Mirc is:

Looking up irc.freenode.net
* Looking up 10.0.0.35
* Connecting to 10.0.0.35 (10.0.0.35) port 3128...
HTTP/1.1 502 Proxy Error ( The specified Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) port is not allowed. ISA Server is not configured to allow
Proxy traversal failed.
* Stopped previous connection attempt (pid=9808)

Any advice will be appreciated.

Regards.

(in reply to ThatOtherGuy)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Cache] >> General >> Problem with IRC and MSN messenger Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts