• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Problem with authenticated users in cache mode

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Cache] >> General >> Problem with authenticated users in cache mode Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Problem with authenticated users in cache mode - 5.Jan.2005 6:11:00 PM   
Hello,

I have problem with ISA 2004 in Cache mode (one NIC) set this way:

1. I installed ISA 2004 SE on W2K3 SE with one NIC (172.16.1.60)
2. Applied Network Template: Single Network Adapter
3. Defined Cache drives
4. Created FW Policy Rule: Allow, All Outbound Traffic, From: Internal, To: Internal, Authenticated Users

When I check the log I see that during the browsing are some requests (Destination IP) send to FW IP (172.16.1.60) on port 8080 instead to the destination IP of the

page on port 80 and are Denied by the Created FW rule. And the logged user name for that request is anonymous instead of the domain\username. The user experience is

that after some time he sees: Page cannot be displayed.

When set All Users in FW Policy Rule than it works, but only with anonymous logs, but I do not want to loose user info.

Anybody could help?

Thank you in advance

Homer
  Post #: 1
RE: Problem with authenticated users in cache mode - 5.Jan.2005 7:42:00 PM   
Change your firewall rule to:

Allow, All Outbound Traffic,
To: External
Authenticated Users

(in reply to Guest)
  Post #: 2
RE: Problem with authenticated users in cache mode - 5.Jan.2005 8:58:00 PM   
This does not help. I forgot to mention that users can reach external sites but sometimes above mentioned problem occurs. Also in active connections I can see from same user IP two active connections one is for domain\username and one for anonymous.

(in reply to Guest)
  Post #: 3
RE: Problem with authenticated users in cache mode - 18.Feb.2005 4:46:00 PM   
JAY24821081

I think this is how it is meant to work. Your browser will always try anon 1st, your ISA if set not to allow anon with ask the requesting browser to suppy intergrated auth details,(you get differnet behaviour if you use basic) this is why you see annon and your named user on the same IP but the request still works

(in reply to Guest)
Post #: 4

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Cache] >> General >> Problem with authenticated users in cache mode Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts