• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Problem with reverse proxy rule

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 General ] >> Web Publishing >> Problem with reverse proxy rule Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Problem with reverse proxy rule - 1.Jul.2013 9:54:45 AM   
mbenevento

Hello everyone, I hope you manage to help me to solve this strange problem.

I have two servers on which I installed Microsoft ISA Server 2004 Version: 4.0.2167.887

Both of us are more or less the same rules because they are both from frontend web applications and dns is configured with 2 ip address so that there is a sort of load balancing.

There are about 350 rules including rules for reverse proxy http and https and redirect rules to specific ports.

is a few days I'm having some problems on certain rules of reverse proxy.

The problem occurs due to the inaccessibility to the site and a monitoring of the application detects that the request comes to the server but then there is no follow-on rule configured.

there are only a few lines that identify the request from the external client to connect to the ISA server address client -> external address of the ISA server but there is no record of the log for the interception of the rule, and then to redirect to the internal server to the network.

The situation is restored with a stop / start services firewalling isa server.

The strange thing is that this anomaly affects only some of the rules that are set and not all of them. While there are problems with these rules, other rules are working properly.

most of the rules, both those that work and those who cause trouble, have more url addresses are configured in the Public Name, all these rules back to the intranet server the ip of isa server and not that of the client, the gateway server de inside are not set on any of the two servers isa.

Unfortunately there are no error messages in event it viever it in the logs of the monitor.

The rules with which I am having problems are there for several months but only in the last few weeks I started to have this problem, and the strangest thing is that the problem occurs on both machines at the same time and often. On machines which have not been recently installed updates of SO I ISA Server.

A real mystery. That may depend on some brute force attack who are trying to do to our sites which creates problems to the firewall?

I forgot to say I do not know if it can be of interest that the application on which we are having problems and 'on tomcat 7

I hope you can give me some advice to try to understand something more.

Thanks
Post #: 1

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 General ] >> Web Publishing >> Problem with reverse proxy rule Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts