• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Problems With RPC Exchange Server

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 General] >> Server Publishing >> Problems With RPC Exchange Server Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Problems With RPC Exchange Server - 11.Jul.2002 5:48:00 PM   
Zapper

Hi all,

I have configured my ISA server as per the "Publishing the RPC Exchange Server Article"
but have a problem.

When connecting to the Exchange 5.5 server via an Outlook 2000 client via the internet, I get an error in Outlook saying the information store cannot be opened.

When setting up the profile in Outlook, I enter the IP address of the external interface of the ISA server with a working mailbox/username. When connecting to the Exchange server I get the information store error as described above.

When I go back and check the config of the Exchange profile in Outlook 2000 on the client, the IP address has been replaced by the correct Exchange Server name, which tells me that the client is finding the Exchange 5.5 server through the ISA server but is unable to open the information store.

Any ideas please,

Thanks in advance. "[Smile]"

Cheers

Zapper
Post #: 1
RE: Problems With RPC Exchange Server - 11.Jul.2002 5:54:00 PM   
Zapper

PS, in case you are wondering, The Exchage server is able to send and recieve email through the ISA server and at the moment the external clients are able to send and recieve there email as POP3 clients.
This tells me that my SMTP,POP3 and DNS lookups are working through the ISA server

I am having a few problems with the clients on POP3 and have been advised to change to IMAP clients, hence me trying to get the Exchange RPC server to work.

Hope the additional info helps. (0)

Zapper.

(in reply to Zapper)
Post #: 2
RE: Problems With RPC Exchange Server - 12.Jul.2002 4:38:00 PM   
tshinder

Hi Zapper,

You have to pay special attention to the name resolution issues that were brought up in the article. I've not tried to use just the IP address. It may have "found" the name, but I suspect their is more to it [Big Grin] However, if find this to be otherwise, I'll be glad to learn from you!

I also only tested this with Exchange 2000. Don't know if it works with Exchange 5.5

HTH,
Tom

(in reply to Zapper)
Post #: 3

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 General] >> Server Publishing >> Problems With RPC Exchange Server Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts