• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Publish FTP server via ISA

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 General] >> Server Publishing >> Publish FTP server via ISA Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Publish FTP server via ISA - 3.Dec.2002 3:59:00 AM   
zhangjx99

Hi, Everyone,

I want to publish an internal FTP server via ISA (not on ISA Server), but it can't work.
I do follow the server publish wizard and there is no problem access this FTP server from internal network even use external IP from the ISA server, but I can't access it from outside.

What is the problem? Have I ignored any steps?
Thanks in advance for your help.

JX
Post #: 1
RE: Publish FTP server via ISA - 3.Dec.2002 5:44:00 AM   
zhangjx99

I got it.

Thanks to Stefaan's info:

Note: apparently you need to allow the FTP server to access to all sites and content. If you don't have a Site and Content Rule, or if you require authentication to access all sites and content, then the FTP publishing rule will fail. Note that you do NOT need a protocol rule to support publishing an FTP server.

JX

(in reply to zhangjx99)
Post #: 2
RE: Publish FTP server via ISA - 6.Dec.2002 12:26:00 AM   
malibuguy

I am having the same problem, can access the ftp server from the internal network using the private IP, on the ISA server I can access the FTP server using both private and public IP.

My problem is that I can not access the FTP site using FQDN from the internal network, I have not yet tried it from the external network.

I have one destination set for the web site which is the same folder as the web pages.

I should be able to gain access by ftp://www.domain.com ?

Any help would be appreciated.
M

(in reply to zhangjx99)
Post #: 3
RE: Publish FTP server via ISA - 6.Dec.2002 8:13:00 AM   
tshinder

quote:
Originally posted by JX:
I got it.

Thanks to Stefaan's info:

Note: apparently you need to allow the FTP server to access to all sites and content. If you don't have a Site and Content Rule, or if you require authentication to access all sites and content, then the FTP publishing rule will fail. Note that you do NOT need a protocol rule to support publishing an FTP server.

JX

Hi JX,

That is correct. The reason for this is that the FTP server working in PORT mode needs to create a new outbound connection.

HTH,
Tom

(in reply to zhangjx99)
Post #: 4

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 General] >> Server Publishing >> Publish FTP server via ISA Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts