• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Publish a Windows 2003 Terminal Server Question

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 General ] >> Server Publishing >> Publish a Windows 2003 Terminal Server Question Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Publish a Windows 2003 Terminal Server Question - 27.Mar.2008 5:26:19 PM   
v00swb

I'm attempting to publish a terminal server to the internet, accessible to Internet clients only using their RDP client, (no web browser access).  Am I correct in assuming that I don't need to follow all the steps in Tom's article

http://www.isaserver.org/tutorials/Publishing-Remote-Desktop-Web-Connection-Sites-ISA-Firewall-Part2.html

I'm thinking I'd just need to do the steps following the
Create the RDP Server Publishing Rule.
The steps before this point all seem to have to do with SSL and certificates.  At this point, I'm just interested in getting my ISA server listening on port 3389, and for some reason I can't get it to do that after building my server publishing rule for terminal services...and was wondering why not.  Suggestions on things to look at?

Thanks a ton.

Post #: 1
RE: Publish a Windows 2003 Terminal Server Question - 27.Mar.2008 9:52:52 PM   
TitusHoc

The RDP server publishing should be enough. Which protocol did you use in the server publishing rule? It should be the RDP server one. What do you see in ISA logs when you trying to connect form outside?

Titus

(in reply to v00swb)
Post #: 2
RE: Publish a Windows 2003 Terminal Server Question - 28.Mar.2008 10:56:04 AM   
v00swb

Yep...used the RDP (Terminal Server) protocol with all default ports, bound it to my external NIC address etc.  It's the only rule I have on the ISA server except for the standard/default deny rule that comes with ISA.  I haven't even tried to connect to the terminal server yet from an external RDP client....just think I need to get the ISA server listening on the 3389 first...and right now it's not showing up when I do netstat -an. 

I do have a question or two....all I've done is build the RDP publishing rule via the wizard....do I HAVE to build a Web Listener in order to publish the RDP server?  I wasn't certain if that's needed.  I wan't using any SSL or certificates...so I didn't think so.

The ISA server is running on VMWare....

(in reply to TitusHoc)
Post #: 3
RE: Publish a Windows 2003 Terminal Server Question - 28.Mar.2008 11:06:30 AM   
TitusHoc

You donít need to create any listener Ė a server publishing rule will not require a listener. Also youíll not see any port 3389 listed with netstat command after the RDP server publishing was created.
With the RDP server publishing rule in place it should work

Titus

(in reply to v00swb)
Post #: 4
RE: Publish a Windows 2003 Terminal Server Question - 28.Mar.2008 11:22:29 AM   
v00swb

OK...I'll give it a try!

Thanks!

(in reply to TitusHoc)
Post #: 5
RE: Publish a Windows 2003 Terminal Server Question - 28.Mar.2008 1:18:42 PM   
v00swb

Works great!...thanks!

(in reply to v00swb)
Post #: 6

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 General ] >> Server Publishing >> Publish a Windows 2003 Terminal Server Question Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts