• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Publishing Exchange RPC/HTTP and OWA, Kerberos Auth

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA 2006 Publishing] >> Exchange Publishing >> Publishing Exchange RPC/HTTP and OWA, Kerberos Auth Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Publishing Exchange RPC/HTTP and OWA, Kerberos Auth - 7.Oct.2006 11:01:09 AM   
Mr_Logic

Hi folks

I am still running the RC of ISA 2006. I'm trying to publish Exchange 2003 for RPC-over-HTTP. I'm not really fussed how it's done, but it's key that Outlook authentication is seamless.

I have tried with the forms-based authentication on the listener combined with NTLM, but Outlook won't authenticate unless I use basic auth (can't do that - lots of unhappy users when this goes live). OWA is a happy bunny however.

I have tried using HTTP auth for the listener but I can't get the Kerberos bit of it working properly. I've put in the SPN for the internal site and verified that ISA can delegate for this site in the AD properties. But it won't let me...

Any ideas? Am I even barking up the right tree?

Cheers muchly! :-)
Post #: 1
RE: Publishing Exchange RPC/HTTP and OWA, Kerberos Auth - 11.Oct.2006 10:09:49 AM   
simek

I have tried something similar, which makes OWA work but not OMA. I have found that the easiest thing to do is to add a SPN for the machine with the setspn utility. You then allow delegation in AD for the machine running ISA to the machine running exchange. As Tom described, with the diferrence, that you choose the SPN, that you previously added. This was a pain to get working, I also suggest that you watch the event log on both machines, the one housing exchange and the one running ISA.

rgrds

(in reply to Mr_Logic)
Post #: 2
RE: Publishing Exchange RPC/HTTP and OWA, Kerberos Auth - 16.Oct.2006 7:20:31 AM   
Mr_Logic

Simek

Thanks for the reply. When I use setSPN, am I doing this for the Exchange box or the firewall? I would think the Exchange box, but not 100% sure...

(in reply to simek)
Post #: 3

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA 2006 Publishing] >> Exchange Publishing >> Publishing Exchange RPC/HTTP and OWA, Kerberos Auth Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts