• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Publishing Servers on an ISA Server with dynamic ip

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 General] >> Server Publishing >> Publishing Servers on an ISA Server with dynamic ip Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Publishing Servers on an ISA Server with dynamic ip - 17.Jun.2001 8:09:00 PM   
Christoph

My provider gives me a new ip everytime I dial-in. When I would publish Server, I always have to change the external ip everytime I dial-in
what can I do against ?

------------------
Christoph

Post #: 1
RE: Publishing Servers on an ISA Server with dynamic ip - 27.Jun.2001 6:36:00 PM   
tshinder

Hi Christoph,

This is one of the limitations of using a dial-up connection. However, if you need to dial-up the ISA Server VPN Server, you should use TZO (www.tzo.com) and TZO will provide you with a dynamic registration for your IP address. Then all you have to do is call your FQDN and you'll be able to connect every time!

However, your Server Publishing rules won't work becase they can't change the listening IP address. Your Web Publishing rules will work if you configure them to listen on the same address for all.

HTH,
Tom

------------------
Tom Shinder
http://www.isaserver.org/shinder/

Get It Here

(in reply to Christoph)
Post #: 2
RE: Publishing Servers on an ISA Server with dynamic ip - 27.Jun.2001 6:46:00 PM   
Christoph

you know where ISA Server save the server publshing informations ? maybe I can write a program do edit this location.

(in reply to Christoph)
Post #: 3
RE: Publishing Servers on an ISA Server with dynamic ip - 29.Jun.2001 3:21:00 PM   
tshinder

Hi Christoph,

Search the registry for "Publishing". In the PNATServerMappings key there might be some information you can use there.

HTH,

Tom

------------------
Tom Shinder
http://www.isaserver.org/shinder/

Get It Here

(in reply to Christoph)
Post #: 4

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 General] >> Server Publishing >> Publishing Servers on an ISA Server with dynamic ip Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts