• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Publishing servers

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 General] >> Server Publishing >> Publishing servers Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Publishing servers - 21.May2001 7:25:00 PM   
cmuller

I am currently using Proxy Server 2.0 for my web publishing and Exchange Server 5.5 and I am migrating to ISA Server. Both the Proxy Server and ISA have two nics, each server have a static IP address supplied by my cable company, and both have static internal ip address (10.x.x.x). The Proxy Server is also functioning as my Primary DNS Server.

I am slowy migrating the funtions that are handled by the Proxy server to the ISA server. All users have been moved to the ISA for web browsing and the clients (non servers) have been upgraded to use the ISA Firewall client. That all seems to be working fine. I have moved two sites that were being published by the Proxy server to ISA. BTW all my websites are running off of one very large server so both Proxy and ISA publish to the same server.

I have an Exchange 5.5 server )Physically another box) that has the Firewall client installed on it and the WSPCFG.ini file is confifured so SMTP and POP are bound to the Proxy server. Since I run my own DNS making the MX changes is no problem. This has been working fine for over a year.

Now for my questions.
I want to change the Exchange server to be published by the ISA. I think all I need to do is remove the firewall client, remove the wspcfg.ini file, make the Exchange server a secureNAT client change the default gateway to point to the internal interface of the ISA server and Update my DNS.

My second question is: Going back to the main webserver that is running all my sites, it is also running CommerceServer and we have commerce sites that email orders via the SMTP server on the IIS server. If the Exchange server is running SMTP and is being published by the ISA, can I also have another SMTP behind the ISA. I got around this before by having to NICS in the Webserver and having the SMTP server on the webserver direct access to the internet. Since this is a VERY bad thing to to do I want to move it behind the ISA.

BTW the only thing running on the ISA is Windows2k and ISA. I removed IIS, so there is no FTP, SMTP.

Any Suggestions would be great

Thanks
Chuck

Post #: 1
RE: Publishing servers - 28.May2001 4:18:00 PM   
tshinder

Hi Chuck,

No problem running the Exchange 5.5 server by publishing it. Check out my article on publishing a mail server at www.isaserver.org/shinder

Publishing an Ex5.5 server is a lot easier than an Ex2k server because you don't have to monkey around with the weird DNS query requirements with the Ex5.5 server.

There is also no problem with having multiple internal SMTP server send mail out the ISA Server. Just make sure that both the servers have access to an outbound SMTP Protocol Rule.

HTH,
Tom

------------------
Tom Shinder
http://www.isaserver.org/shinder/

Get It Here

(in reply to cmuller)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 General] >> Server Publishing >> Publishing servers Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts