• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

RPC over HTTP issue

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA 2006 Publishing] >> Exchange Publishing >> RPC over HTTP issue Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RPC over HTTP issue - 17.Aug.2007 12:27:59 PM   
rwoods

Can someone explain to me why if I create an Outlook profile from OUTSIDE of the ISA 2006 network WITH A VPN connection configured for RPC over HTTP the profile is created AND if I disconnect the VPN AFTER the the profile is created, Outlook WORKS just fine and succefully connects using RPC as shown using the /RPCDIAG switch.

However, I CANNOT create an Outlook profile when the VPN is DISCONNECTED. And no matter what I do it does not work. Here is the current scenario:

SERVER1- ISA 2006 Server acting as firewall only
SERVER2 - Acting FSMO roles holder and a GLOBAL CATALOG server.
SERVER3 - Exchange 2003 Server behind network but NOT acting as the PRIMARY FSMO roles holder but is a GLOBAL CATALOG server.

The strange thing is, at one point in time on the network in question it was working either way just fine. The only thing I believe that may have changed was the FSMO roles were moved off of the Exchange server. I have not switched them back to test that theory.

This is driving me crazy! I have this working in serveral other locations just fine and have compared settings etc... and just can't seem to find the issue.

Any help would be appreciated greatly!\

Ron
Post #: 1

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA 2006 Publishing] >> Exchange Publishing >> RPC over HTTP issue Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts