• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Recieving the message: "A non-SYN packet was dropped because..."

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 General ] >> General >> Recieving the message: "A non-SYN packet was dropped because..." Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Recieving the message: "A non-SYN packet was dropp... - 20.May2012 5:56:38 PM   
ezero

Our accounting system does credit card transactions through the internet, and this is how it works:

-A client computer requests a credit card transaction through the accounting system (on the server)
-The accounting system replies back to the client computer, and the client computer sends a transaction through the internet to our credit card transaction provider.
-The credit card transaction provider replies back to the client computer, and the client computer sends this reply back to the accounting system.
-At this point, when on VPN, and only on VPN, ISA denies this reply sent back to the accounting system with the following message:

"A non-SYN packet was dropped because it was sent by a source that does not have an established connection with the ISA Server computer."

It seems that when we do the above transaction locally (not through VPN), ISA allows the connection at step 4 above. I think this is because both the client and server are sharing the same Internet connection. But when this is done through VPN, ISA denies the connection at step 4 because the client computer and the server are on different Internet connections.

Do you think I'm on to something? Any help?
Post #: 1
RE: Recieving the message: "A non-SYN packet was d... - 21.May2012 1:28:41 AM   
ezero

Is there anyway to stop this check in ISA so that I don't receive the message :

"A non-SYN packet was dropped because it was sent by a source that does not have an established connection with the ISA Server computer."

(in reply to ezero)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 General ] >> General >> Recieving the message: "A non-SYN packet was dropped because..." Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts