• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

SINGLE NIC ISA 2006 FBA NOT WORKING

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA 2006 Publishing] >> Exchange Publishing >> SINGLE NIC ISA 2006 FBA NOT WORKING Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
SINGLE NIC ISA 2006 FBA NOT WORKING - 5.Dec.2011 7:07:59 AM   
mkazembe

I have published my exchange 2007 CAS through ISA 2006 with single network. The ISA is inside our network and is joined to the domain .I created a web listener and Publishing rule, I test the rule and everything seems ok. FBA is disabled on the CAS. However, each time I want to access my site internally, I am presented with a password prompt or basic/standard authentication instead of the FBA authentication configured on the ISA server. I have installed server certificates on the testserver CAS 2007 using private CA within our domain and exported the installed certificates to ISA server and the certificates are correctly installed and valid. Please help I want to use FBA on the ISA 2006 sp1.When I login using the password prompt, I get connected to mailbox and when logging off I get the normal FBA log off screen. Where have I missed it? How do I know if ISA 2006 is the one doing the authentication even without FBA? I have a feeling the password prompt I get when accessing OWA is coming directly from the CAS and not from ISA, correct me if I am wrong.
My topology is like this.
1 Testserver: Server where CAS exchange 2007 is installed, running windows server x64 and is joined to domain
2 ISAServer Server where ISA 2006 SP1Ent edition installed running windows server 2003 R2 x32 with a single NIC and is joined to domain
3 Mail1: Exchange 2007 Server hosting mailbox
Post #: 1
RE: SINGLE NIC ISA 2006 FBA NOT WORKING - 6.Dec.2011 12:54:03 PM   
pwindell

If the ISA is not Delegating the authentication,...you will get the second prompt.  ISa must take the credentials you logged in through the FBA,...authenticate you with them,...and then pass them on (delegate them) to the Exchange Server.

Phillip Windell

(in reply to mkazembe)
Post #: 2
RE: SINGLE NIC ISA 2006 FBA NOT WORKING - 7.Dec.2011 3:40:01 AM   
mkazembe

Thanks for the reply. As way of testing I disconnected the ISA form the network and tried to login internally,Surprisingly the same login prompt showed u(not FBA) and i was able to login.Which confirms my earlier assertion that the ISA is not doing any authentication and that perhaps the reason I am not getting the ISA 2006 FBA.It it the placement of ISA server that is wrong or what? How do I ensure that all OWA authentications go through the ISA.

(in reply to pwindell)
Post #: 3
RE: SINGLE NIC ISA 2006 FBA NOT WORKING - 10.Jan.2015 4:41:09 AM   
Blue Moon

but I'm unsure as to how it would apply to me, as we have one name internally and another name externally.

(in reply to mkazembe)
Post #: 4
RE: SINGLE NIC ISA 2006 FBA NOT WORKING - 10.Jan.2015 4:41:27 AM   
Blue Moon

but I'm unsure as to how it would apply to me, as we have one name internally and another name externally.

< Message edited by Blue Moon -- 29.Jan.2015 10:32:59 PM >

(in reply to mkazembe)
Post #: 5

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA 2006 Publishing] >> Exchange Publishing >> SINGLE NIC ISA 2006 FBA NOT WORKING Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts