• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

SIP Filter in ISA2006

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA 2006 Misc.] >> ISA 2006 Wish List >> SIP Filter in ISA2006 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
SIP Filter in ISA2006 - 20.Oct.2006 8:25:30 AM   
Whisp

So strange that LCS and ISA2004 been released at around the same time by the same software giant, but no SIP filter included.  I told my colleagues not to worry, because I'm very sure MS would want their customers to use LCS/ISA2006 as a good "working" solution. Then, there is the saying: "They got the point, they'll get it right, just wait for the next version." Not having to procure any 3rd party add-on is what I wished for but alas... I installed ISA2006 and still, no SIP filter.

Any reason why?

Is it a company strategy decision not to cut the 3rd parties throats? Which means, if MS is using the same solution, they're using the same 3rd party tool?

I really don't have any issues in having to use 3rd party add-ins, most of them exists to make a great product even greater.

Off Topic: Note for Dr.Tom and his team.
Dr.Tom, I've enjoyed reading your ISA2004 book. I want to compliment you and everyone's contribution to the book. The perspectives/facts written about ISA compared to competitors and appliance vs. moving parts... etc.  Good stuff. Can't wait to get my hands on your future publications! Thumbs up for isaserver.org's new skin.
The previous one is permanently burnt into my screen.

Thank you.
Johann - South Africa.

< Message edited by Whisp -- 20.Oct.2006 9:20:01 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: SIP Filter in ISA2006 - 20.Oct.2006 12:38:39 PM   
tshinder

Hi Johan,

Thank you for the very kind words about my material and the Web site!

Microsoft is aware of the SIP situation, and they are working on a fix. However, believe it or not, its a very complex issue for them and they don't have the resources on the ISA Firewall dev team to do all the things we'd like them to do. However, I am sure by the next version we'll have something very pleasing :)

Thanks!
Tom

Thomas W Shinder, M.D.

(in reply to Whisp)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA 2006 Misc.] >> ISA 2006 Wish List >> SIP Filter in ISA2006 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts