• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

SMTP connections denied

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA 2006 Publishing] >> Exchange Publishing >> SMTP connections denied Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
SMTP connections denied - 10.Apr.2007 2:53:08 PM   
lweinmunson

I'm trying to setup a new ISA 2006 server and it's giving me fits with SMTP.  The server is behind a checkpoint box that is forwarding all port 25 traffic to ISA.  I went through the Mail Server publishing wizard and plugged in all my information there.  Now when I try to telnet from an address external to ISA (can be either internet or DMZ) I can't connect.  The logs list the incoming SMTP connection forwarding to the internal server OK.  But then an outgoing connection is denied.  It's listed as an attempt from the external interface of the ISA firewall to a random high port on the computer sending the SMTP traffic.  my current rule is...

Allow

SMTP Server

External
Internal
Local Host
All Networks

To:

I've obviously added some to the from: field trying to get it to work.  And the mail server is working correctly.  We're configure ISA on a new T1 line and our old firewall is forwarding emails back and forth just fine.  Also, I'm able to telnet to 25 from the ISA server itself with no problems.  It just looks like it's getting it's NAT traffice confused and isn't recognizing that the outgoing SMTP responses are part of an established connection.
Post #: 1

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA 2006 Publishing] >> Exchange Publishing >> SMTP connections denied Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts