• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Server Publishing & Remote login

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 General ] >> Server Publishing >> Server Publishing & Remote login Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Server Publishing & Remote login - 17.Sep.2015 9:11:15 AM   
Timi

We have a windows server 2003 and ISA 2004 both on 2 different servers in the Head office. On the windows 2003 server, our Accounting software is installed. Also installed on this server i Go-Global application. This application helps our staff in another city to connect (via the Go-Global client installed on his PC) to the Win 2003 Server and work on the Accounting software.

When this was initially configure and working, the internal server (Win 2003 Sever) was published using the ISA publishing rule. Since the Go-Global app communicates on port 491, this was opened in the course of the configuration (TCP port 491 - inbound, UDP 491 - receive-send)

This worked for over a year. About a month ago, our staff was not able to connect. I have reconfigured the ISA server publishing rule but no success yet. It gives an error that port 491 is not open when client try to access. The new trend that I have just noticed is that when the Go-Global app is launched from a remote client, the Windows 2003 Server shuts down immediately. i did not notice this earlier but I realized the first time the app had issues, our server had restarted several times in the process of finding a solution to the problem.

In summary;

Why is the remote PC not connecting via the Go-Global app to the Head office?

Secondly, how could launching a remote software that is meant to hit the ISA so as to have access to an internal server trigger that internal server to shutdown?

Thanks,

BEN
Post #: 1

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 General ] >> Server Publishing >> Server Publishing & Remote login Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts