• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Server or DNS not found, slow authentication ?!?

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Cache] >> General >> Server or DNS not found, slow authentication ?!? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Server or DNS not found, slow authentication ?!? - 21.Oct.2005 9:27:00 AM   
Juergen Barth

Hi,

i have a setup with ISA 2004 EE with 2 Servers and GFI Webmonitor and Websense installed.

If a user open his IE5 for the first time and enters a URL it takes 7-8 seconds for the error message

"Error: Server or DNS not found.."

After a manual refresh (F5) everything is amazing fast. Every URL is resolved, there seems to be problem with authentication.

I use Integrated Authentication and every user need to authenticate.

The Clients are NT4 with IE6 in a Windows 2003 Domain (Interim Mode).

The ISA Servers are configured with two NICs. One for the internal communication. the second for the perimeter.

The internal has the dns and gateway IPs.
The internal DNS servers are only forwarders to the internal DNS servers and the external dns server.

Any idea why the authentication process is so slow?

Jnrgen
Post #: 1
RE: Server or DNS not found, slow authentication ?!? - 26.Oct.2005 11:18:00 AM   
jeffwiltshire

The chances are the problem lies with Websense authorising the user against the domain. How are you configuring Websense (NTLM mixed mode or AD Native) ?

(in reply to Juergen Barth)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Cache] >> General >> Server or DNS not found, slow authentication ?!? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts