• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Sharepoint Publishing

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA 2006 Publishing] >> SharePoint Publishing >> Sharepoint Publishing Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Sharepoint Publishing - 31.Aug.2010 2:36:04 AM   
deeman07

My TMG server is setup with single network template. Im trying to publish MOSS 2007 and have followed the instructions from "What every Sharepoint administrator needs to know about Alternate Access Mappings". I was able to access the site from internal network as well as external after initial configuration. However, after few days with NO changes done in configuration I get the following error message after entering the login details:

Error Code 10061: Connection refused
Background: When the gateway or proxy server contacted the upstream (Web) server, the connection was refused. This usually results from trying to connect to a service that is inactive on the upstream server.

Checked the sharepoint server, all services running ok and no changes.
Am i missing something settings. Need help urgently!!!
Thanks
Dee
Post #: 1
RE: Sharepoint Publishing - 6.Aug.2013 8:10:25 AM   
dharish

Hi,
We have deployed TMG in our client environment for publishing their in-house SharePoint application on internet.

There are two domains in their environment say DOMAIN1 and DOMAIN2, both the domains are in bidirectional trust relationship. the SharePoint application is hosted in DOMAIN1.

We have deployed TMG with single network adapter topology with NO AUTHENTICATION configuration at the web listener, so the authentication was handled at the SharePoint level. With this configuration, all the users from DOMAIN1 and DOMAIN2 were able to access the SharePoint site on internet.
Now, client wants to collect the user info for the traffic accessing the Sharepoint on Internet.
To achieve this we planned to setup pre-authentication at TMG.
In web Listener Authentication tab, changed the authentication mechanism from NO AUTHENTICATION to HTML FORM AUTHENTICATION with LDAP.
And on AUTHENTICATION DELEGATION tab, kept the same “No Delegation But client may authenticate directly”, just to test whether users are able to authenticate to TMG.
The problem is that the users from DOMAIN1 (on which the application is hosted) are able to login to TMG and from there could login into SharePoint site on internet and the username is visible in TMG live logging.
But the users from DOMAIN2 are unable to pass through TMG HTML Form Authentication.
I am wondering why the users from DOMAIN2 are unable to login with pre-authentication configuration when they were able to login with NO AUTHENTICATION configurations.
In TMGs LAN settings, the preferred DNS is set as DOMAIN1 IP.
TMG, DOMAIN1 and DOMAIN2 are in same network but separated with VLANs
Trouble shooting done as Below
• Ping- working fine from both ends
• Telnet from TMG to DOMAIN2 DC on 389 and 636 ports- Successful
• Telnet from DOMAIN2 DC to TMG on 389 and 636 ports- Failed
• Bi-Directional Ports were opened between DOMAIN2 DC and TMG- 389 and 636
• Tested with ldp.exe tool on TMG to both DOMAIN1 AND DOMAIN2- Received: Cannot open connection
• Could See User Login attempted on TMG and Login Successful logs on DOMAIN1 Security Event logs along with the user Account Name.

Please help me in fixing this issue.

Thanks in advance,
Harish

(in reply to deeman07)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA 2006 Publishing] >> SharePoint Publishing >> Sharepoint Publishing Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts