• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Signatures

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Firewall] >> HTTP Filtering >> Signatures Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Signatures - 3.May2006 3:36:46 PM   
PiercedKnob

Is there any chance of starting a new Forum for adding signatures ? If anyone finds a new signature they can add it to the new forum and then there is one place everyone can go to find out a signature for an application ?  If a signuter doesn't exist then you could also have a Request Signature forum for all requests ?

Just an idea to help people find what they are looking for.

Cheers

Wayne

Post #: 1
RE: Signatures - 3.May2006 3:51:14 PM   
LLigetfa

What's wrong with using the Tips and Tricks forum?
http://forums.isaserver.org/Tips_and_Tricks/forumid_41/tt.htm

Most users here do not respect forum subjects anyway so even if there were one dedicated, they would still be mis-posted.

The School of Hard Knocks is a mean teacher. She gives the exam before the lesson.

(in reply to PiercedKnob)
Post #: 2
RE: Signatures - 3.May2006 4:30:11 PM   
PiercedKnob

Could do however it would make things easier for people to find what they are looking for.  It seems that there are lots of people asking for signatures and a forum that just dealt with requests and listing the signatues would make life so much easier.

(in reply to LLigetfa)
Post #: 3
RE: Signatures - 3.May2006 4:37:31 PM   
ClintD

What do you guys think of a thread pinned to the top of HTTP Filtering? I can do this...

Post #: 4
RE: Signatures - 3.May2006 4:48:24 PM   
PiercedKnob

Yeah i think that could be a go-er if people feel it would help to compile a complete list of Signatures.  Reason i am asking is that we are evaluating Packetshaper and noticed that most of the stuff can be blocked with ISA however how do you keep on top of the new threats ?  Somewhere you can go to simply look through a complete list of known ones i feel would be highly beneficial to us in our busy working lives

Only thing with the sticky is ensuring people do not post signature requests ONLY actual signatures, then people can watch the thread and when a new one is added get notified.

Can ppl see my reasoning

Wayne Murphy B.Sc (Hon'S) MCP MCSE CCNA CCSP CEH CWSE+

(in reply to ClintD)
Post #: 5
RE: Signatures - 3.May2006 5:25:39 PM   
LLigetfa

I can see your reasoning but I also know a bit about forum users... I moderate another board.

For example, this topic is misplaced.  It is about Message Boards Comments and Suggestions and so really should have been posted to http://forums.isaserver.org/Message_Boards_Comments_and_Suggestions/forumid_8002/tt.htm not here.

A pinned (sticky) would only work if its content were heavily moderated.  It would fill up in no time with all kinds of "how do I" questions and vaguely or unrelated junk.

Just as we cannot get users to stick to the current subject areas now, the pinned topic would be no different.

The School of Hard Knocks is a mean teacher. She gives the exam before the lesson.

Post #: 6
RE: Signatures - 3.May2006 6:59:56 PM   
PiercedKnob

quote:

ORIGINAL: LLigetfa
For example, this topic is misplaced.  It is about Message Boards Comments and Suggestions and so really should have been posted to http://forums.isaserver.org/Message_Boards_Comments_and_Suggestions/forumid_8002/tt.htm not here.

In your opinion its in the wrong place.  I would agree it may go in the suggested topic however i am aiming this at users of the forum who are interested in HTTP Filtering, in particular Signatures to see if they feel it would be useful for what i have suggested, therefore i placed it in this part of the site.

I agree that a sticky would still get users asking questions on it however most people will read the first post in the sticky and if in BIG LETTERS we put NO QUESTIONS JUST POST YOUR SIGNATURE DEFINITION we could see how it went ?

It would be good to have it all in one place which listed em all without crawling the net for them.

(in reply to LLigetfa)
Post #: 7
RE: Signatures - 4.May2006 12:50:48 AM   
ClintD

Sounds good. Let's give it a try... See the thread I created.

Post #: 8
RE: Signatures - 4.May2006 2:19:16 AM   
elmajdal

quote:

ORIGINAL: ClintD
Sounds good. Let's give it a try... See the thread I created.

Would be a great help for everyone to get the requested Signature he/she is looking for.

Daily, we get request about signature for this and that software, so to have them all in one place will be a thumb up.

ofcourse, i agree that this thread to be moderated and no junk posts to be included, just straight to the point posts.
This would be greate if ppl send you first ClintD the signatures , and u try them for us , and then u post here.
and ofcourse u refer to the person who gave you the signature in your post.

in this way, we will be sure that all the signature are correct, and u will get busy all the day

Regards,
Tarek

Tarek Majdalani

Windows Expert - IT Pro MVP
Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/ElMajdal.Net

(in reply to ClintD)
Post #: 9
RE: Signatures - 4.May2006 3:56:44 AM   
ClintD

quote:

This would be greate if ppl send you first ClintD the signatures , and u try them for us , and then u post here.
and ofcourse u refer to the person who gave you the signature in your post.

If the thread turns into a free-for-all and no one abides by the 'NO QUESTIONS' stipulation, then I might go this way. As it is, this particular category in the Forum doesn't get too many incorrect posts, so I'll wing it for now and revisit this if necessary.

Thanks for the suggestion though.

Clint

(in reply to elmajdal)
Post #: 10
RE: Signatures - 4.May2006 11:17:04 AM   
PiercedKnob

Thats great  its definately a start.  One final thought is posing of links to signatures.  I was thinking that a thread with the actual signatures within it would be better so that people can easily see what they want.  I have had a re-think on this one though and think a webpage storing the signatures would be the way forward.

I have just bought a domain name and will knock up a small php page that will display ALL signatures to date from different web resources on the net.  If everyone just posts new signatures in the sticky, i will watch it and get e-mailed when a new one is entered and then i can update the site.  We can then just have a single link to the webpage that i create in the top of the sticky.

What do you all think about that ?  If you want i could also have a Tested/NotTested category for all the posts so when someone has tested it they can let me know and i will change the status on the site to tested so we know it works.

Just want to try and make this as easy as possible for everyone to block the necessary traffic

(in reply to ClintD)
Post #: 11
RE: Signatures - 5.May2006 11:10:37 AM   
PiercedKnob

Right, I have started the list, any chance you can update your sticky to put the address in the first post.  As people add signatures to the sticky i will update this site page.  Hopefully then this will be a definitive list of Application Signatures, I will also work on a way to order the different headings for ease of search.

http://www.applicationsignatures.com

Hope this helps after the hours i spend last night writing the php/mysql   Its only basic but I can adapt it now all the tables are there.

Cheers

Wayne

Post #: 12
Thanks - 5.May2006 12:03:29 PM   
Makora

it helps alot,

also find the signatures of download managers like, download accelerator, Internet download manager etc etc

Post #: 13

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Firewall] >> HTTP Filtering >> Signatures Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts