• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Slow caching on ISA 2004

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Cache] >> Cache Rules >> Slow caching on ISA 2004 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Slow caching on ISA 2004 - 1.Dec.2005 6:49:00 PM   
buzzcut

I have caching set up on an ISA Server with mirrored drives and one separate drive for caching.We have a full T-1 going to the Internet, so bandwidth isn't a problem.The problem is the delivery of the page to Internet Explorer, it is much slower than we would anticiptate it to be.It seems to find the site quickly, but the actual loading of the page is very slow.I am using the firewall client on an XP workstation with 100/half-duplex connections.Are there any tweaks I can do with the caching?Are there any rules or filters that would make caching slow.Any help would be appreciated. If more information is needed,please let me know.Thank you.
Post #: 1
RE: Slow caching on ISA 2004 - 1.Dec.2005 7:34:36 PM   
LLigetfa

100/half-duplex?

That is old hub technology.

What does a network trace show to be the source of the problem?

The School of Hard Knocks is a mean teacher. She gives the exam before the lesson.

(in reply to buzzcut)
Post #: 2
RE: Slow caching on ISA 2004 - 1.Dec.2005 7:49:51 PM   
buzzcut

Whether it is old hub technology or not isn't the problem, the switches are controlled by another division.People with 100 full-duplex connections and firewall client have the same problem.We are getting a mirrored port set up on the switch, I will put Ethereal on and check it out.

(in reply to LLigetfa)
Post #: 3
RE: Slow caching on ISA 2004 - 10.Feb.2006 6:32:28 AM   
Mmac

I have a similar problem. IE seems to find the page alright but it seems to take forever before the page is fully loaded. Is there any monitoring tool that lets you check loading times? or some monitoring that can be activated to see why pages are so slow.

Thanks

Murray

(in reply to buzzcut)
Post #: 4
RE: Slow caching on ISA 2004 - 10.Feb.2006 2:19:14 PM   
Sunny.C

I have the same problem... Do you guys get full speed if you bypass the isa server(directly connected to router)???

(in reply to Mmac)
Post #: 5
RE: Slow caching on ISA 2004 - 11.Feb.2006 3:07:01 AM   
buzzcut

I initially think it might be the hardware, we just received a new HP DL 320 ProLiant Server preloaded with
ISA 2004 Server.I am going to be installing this weekend, I will let you know the results.I tried to find something about tweaking the cache on ISA 2004. I could not find anything worthwhile.But both your syptoms sound comparable to what I was experiencing.

(in reply to Sunny.C)
Post #: 6
RE: Slow caching on ISA 2004 - 11.Feb.2006 6:11:13 AM   
Sunny.C

I am waiting to here from you on how it went with new hardware.
I moved my isa to new hardware and i still have the same problem.I backup and then restored my setting to new server maybe you should try build from scratch instead of migrating.

(in reply to buzzcut)
Post #: 7
RE: Slow caching on ISA 2004 - 13.Feb.2006 12:48:28 AM   
Sunny.C

I have fix the problem....
I just haven't confirmed on what it is exactly because it is busy hours at the moment at work.
It's either bad port on router or switch or bad cable, all that hard work for a stupid little problem
Oh well glad it's over..
I suggest checking you ports and cabling guys.
Good luck.

(in reply to Sunny.C)
Post #: 8
RE: Slow caching on ISA 2004 - 27.Apr.2006 8:13:15 AM   
bennyc@hafaguam.com

hey guys want better performance with caching, go to addins>web filters and disable diffserv and compression filters, works like a charm... and when you go to alerts no errors about compression or isa rejecting any non surported of some type compression...

(in reply to Sunny.C)
Post #: 9
RE: Slow caching on ISA 2004 - 27.Apr.2006 11:44:54 AM   
elmajdal

quote:

ORIGINAL: bennyc@hafaguam.com
and when you go to alerts no errors about compression or isa rejecting any non surported of some type compression...

There is already a hotfix for ISA 2004 SP2 that handles these alerts. u can download it now from M$
Update for HTTP issues in Internet Security and Acceleration Server 2004 Service Pack 2

Tarek Majdalani

Windows Expert - IT Pro MVP
Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/ElMajdal.Net

(in reply to bennyc@hafaguam.com)
Post #: 10

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Cache] >> Cache Rules >> Slow caching on ISA 2004 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts