• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Slow websense block pages

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Cache] >> General >> Slow websense block pages Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Slow websense block pages - 11.Mar.2005 2:36:00 PM   
jparnell

Hi,
We've just installed ISA 2004 standard (in web cache mode) and Websense 2005.
Everything appears to be working fine; Websense is filtering sites correctly and everyone is authenticating fine.
The only problem i have come across is that websense block pages seem to be very slow. I dont think its a problem with websense taking a long time to filter the page as unbloked sites are fine,and even when i page is blocked, the title bar changes to say 'blocked by websense'. Its just that the actual page is taking ages to be displayed.
Has anyone got any suggestions? Any help would be great.
Thank you
Post #: 1
RE: Slow websense block pages - 16.Mar.2005 6:42:00 PM   
laney0906

Hi there, now to cut a long story short....is your ISA really in Web Cahce mode, as I tried to do the same on a "Single NIC" server, but it doesn't install in what Microsoft state as "Web Cache" mode.

In essence it still acts as a firewall and thus you are probably inadvertently blocking the port that Websense communicates on. (15871)

The way to tell is open your Logging and filter on Firewall and Web Proxy logs, and filter on this port. You may find that its being blocked by the defauly Dent all rule.

The way got around this was to allow all ports between local host and local host

Let me know if this works for you

(in reply to jparnell)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Cache] >> General >> Slow websense block pages Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts