• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

TCP/IP port 8080 conflict/blocked traffic, with external application

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 General ] >> General >> TCP/IP port 8080 conflict/blocked traffic, with external application Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
TCP/IP port 8080 conflict/blocked traffic, with externa... - 18.Dec.2007 3:45:59 AM   
Jinx

Hi all,

This is my first post here, i.e. - my first dumb question to you people. I am pretty new to ISA and the this forum too, i hope i\ll be excused for not being able to find the answer of my problem by myself.

Anyway, the situation is simple. I have ISA 2004 running in the internal company network. All users/machines are SecureNat and WebProxy clients and ISA is configured to accept request on the default TCP/IP port 8080.
Recently i've noticed that there is a problem with the incoming traffic on port 8080.
In particular - we have 2 Live WebCams in a Ski resort that are streaming  "live" video. After short investigation i noticed the first camera is streaming on TCP/IP port 8080 and the second is using port 8090.
The clients behind the ISA have no problems with the second camera video stream, but only the first (8080) - no picture (traffic) is reaching the browsers. I suspect there is a port 8080 conflict.

My question is, am i right about the reasons for not getting the first camera video traffic in the internal network,  and secondly -  is there a way to solve the problem without Web Proxy port reconfiguration on ISA and clients? 

Post #: 1
RE: TCP/IP port 8080 conflict/blocked traffic, with ext... - 18.Dec.2007 3:07:03 PM   
Rotorblade

Hi and welcome,

If I can ask, are the webcams located on the Internal network? What port are the Webcams configured for?
If you’re having a port conflict with 8080; it’s going to be with everything so either the webcam is set for 8080 or it’s a client or packet problem.
Could be several things causing the problem. Depending on how many frames the WebCams are set for it may be a case where you need to configure for direct access through ISA and create specific access rules to webcam destination based on a destination set.

Is IE configured to Autodetect web proxy settings?

The firewall client may need to be installed?

Caching is another possible. Are you caching? A cache rule may need to be configured.

Is the Block IP fragments set in IP preferences? If it is, streaming could be blocked.

HTH

RB

(in reply to Jinx)
Post #: 2
RE: TCP/IP port 8080 conflict/blocked traffic, with ext... - 19.Dec.2007 4:31:42 AM   
Jinx

Hi and Thanks,
The webcams are external to the company  network and you may see them on http://maliovitsa.com/index.php?l=2     (I hope this is not an advertisement or something ... or otherwise admins to delete the links...).
This site is in Bulgaria (a small ski resort in a mountain) and is hosted for us by a company offering hosting services.

The webcams exact addresses are  http://maliovitsa.com/cam1.html   and http://maliovitsa.com/cam2.html  
(it will start a Java Applet to visualize the video stream)

By running a netstat /an command (from a PC bypassing the ISA… i.e. direct connection)-  I can see that the first cam makes the connection tho the PC from 85.130.74.35:8080. (TCP 192.168.8.XXX  85.130.74.35:8080 ESTABLISHED).
Respectively the second webcam - (TCP 192.168.8.XXX   85.130.74.35:8090 ESTABLISHED).

The difference is the port – 8080 and 8090, and the first WebCam video stream is… I guess  blocked for the clients in the internal network.

Answers to the other questions:

The clients are set to be a SecureNat clients (the default gateway is the ISA server IP)

The Proxy Server settings in IE on the client machines  are configured manually (on port 8080)

In the Isa Server – the WebProxy setting are the default settings, i.e. Enable WebProxy Clients on HTTP port 8080.

We are not using the Firewall Client (not enabled), The Caching is Not Enabled too.
No Access rules are defined to interfere in some way with the address or the content…

It is just that the second Webcam – the one that makes the connection on 8090 port is streaming fine through the ISA to the internal network clients, but the first Webcam – nothing happens.
BTW, the Java applet initializes itself – but no video is broadcasted to the window…

I hope I have explained in more details the situation now.  And sorry for the bad English too…
Tonight after the workday I'll make  tests by  changing  the ISA WebProxy settings to listen on another port and to see if this will solve the problem.  But the idea was to make no changes to the client machines Proxy Settings if possible.

< Message edited by Jinx -- 19.Dec.2007 4:35:51 AM >

(in reply to Rotorblade)
Post #: 3
RE: TCP/IP port 8080 conflict/blocked traffic, with ext... - 19.Dec.2007 2:13:47 PM   
Rotorblade

Your English is fine.

You’re probably going to have to configure the target camera sites for direct access to get things to work. I’m sure the Web Proxy is causing the issue and is what you’re going to encounter when streaming video from IP cams. I have several of these that I manage and access through ISA and use specific access rules for each that are applied to a specific destination set.  Using direct access and bypassing the Web proxy is the only way to get the camera java applet to function properly. Using SecureNAT you will need to allow unauthenticated access (All users) in the access rule to the destination set. Be sure to place the access rule above any rules that require authentication. The articles below should guide you through the necessary steps to configure. 

HTH

Regards,

RB

http://www.isaserver.org/articles/2004directaccessp1.html
http://www.isaserver.org/articles/2004directaccessp2.html

(in reply to Jinx)
Post #: 4
RE: TCP/IP port 8080 conflict/blocked traffic, with ext... - 3.Jan.2008 1:55:49 PM   
Jinx

Hi again,

Happy New Year :)

Thanks for the suggestions for using Direct Access, i tried but i did not work. Perhaps i missed something... i don't know... I checked everything 100 times...

Finaly i solved the problem by reconfiguring the default ISA Web Proxy port from 8080 to 3128 and updeting all clients browser proxy setting accordingly.
...though it did not work again even with the new settings, i mean the first WebCam video stream didn't pass through the ISA again.    
So Finally i made a custom Protocol for that port - TCP/IP 8080 Inbound direction, then created a new rule only for that protocol and ... voalla, the picture finally showed up on the 1st webcam window :)

thanks again for the help

Regards,

Jinx

(in reply to Rotorblade)
Post #: 5

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 General ] >> General >> TCP/IP port 8080 conflict/blocked traffic, with external application Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts