• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

TMG - Site To Site VPN and VMWare advisory

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA 2006 Firewall] >> VPN >> TMG - Site To Site VPN and VMWare advisory Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
TMG - Site To Site VPN and VMWare advisory - 6.Dec.2012 3:59:35 PM   
fstevens

If this is common knowledge to some people I apologize. I wanted to save others from a bad experience that we fought.

Deployment:
TMG SP2 Ru2
2008 R2 SP1
VMware VSphere 4
Placement of VM behind Checkpoint Firewall
IPSEC Tunnel between TMG and a vendor Juniper firewall.

I had an issue transferring large oracle TCP traffic through the tunnel. Caused many nights of grief until I stumbled upon another article about VMXNET3 virtual nic driver issues with 2008 R2. Swapped the virtual network card with E1000 at the virtual machine configuration and the problems went away!
Also don't forget to go back and disable all your TCP offloading again after the nic is swapped out.

Good luck to you!
Post #: 1
RE: TMG - Site To Site VPN and VMWare advisory - 30.Mar.2013 3:04:51 PM   
gavind

We never had this issue but nice to know that there is a fix or work around for this already. By the way, why do we need to disable TCP offloading?

(in reply to fstevens)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA 2006 Firewall] >> VPN >> TMG - Site To Site VPN and VMWare advisory Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts