• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

TMG SP2 Installation problem

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Threat Management Gateway (TMG) 2010] >> Installation >> TMG SP2 Installation problem Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
TMG SP2 Installation problem - 11.Jun.2012 3:00:34 AM   
tulkas

Hi All,

I got an EMS and 2xTMG Ent array member servers running on SP1+SU1. I wanted to install SP2 + Rollup2.

1. Installed on EMS server first. SP2, then Rollup2 + reboot. All fine, in TMG mmc I could see warning that array members are running different version of TMG, which is correct.

2. Installed SP2 on 1st array memeber server however during installation I got an error saying "Setup Failed While creating the services configuration". Clicked OK and installation process started to rollback however ended up with same error message.

3. I rebooted the server however TMG services did not start. 2nd attempt to install SP2 failed with Connection to specified CSS could not be established error, which is logic as TMG services were down. Had to rollback the change completly by restoring machines from virtual clones.

All 3 TMG servers are members of domain and I was installing SP2 from local KB file under domain account which had local administrators rights.

Did anyone experience such an issue? Any idea where can be a problem? Thanks
Post #: 1
RE: TMG SP2 Installation problem - 23.Aug.2012 2:17:42 PM   
OXP

Hi,
yes this is a know "issue" for me. Just uninstall all TMG-Components on the failing node.
Then reinstall using a precooked TMG-Installation where SP2 is already in.
Howto is here ->
Really straight forward process....

And finally, if you want to know, this often happens after OS has been "cloned" or "mirrored" somehow.... TMG does not like that....

Regards
OXP

(in reply to tulkas)
Post #: 2
RE: TMG SP2 Installation problem - 23.Feb.2013 2:25:35 PM   
tulkas

Just to let everyone who got this problem know, I have tried it again on different customer hoping it was just a bad luck but it ended up same way - total fail and had to revert to snapshot in vSphere.

So I did following:

Install SP1 > Install SU1 > Install SP1 SU1 RU4 - it failed again same way as SP2 did.

Revert to snapshot and:

Install SP1 > Install SU1 > Install SP1 SU1 RU1 > SP2 - success.

Did the same on different customer as well and it worked. Looks like SP1 SU1 RU1 helps SP2 to not fail.

Tulkas

(in reply to OXP)
Post #: 3
RE: TMG SP2 Installation problem - 30.Mar.2013 3:03:08 PM   
gavind

Thanks for point this out. Although I still have to figure this out what the root cause is. Might be the 32 or 64 bit system used?

(in reply to tulkas)
Post #: 4
RE: TMG SP2 Installation problem - 2.Sep.2013 12:02:14 AM   
aiza

Actually, now that I think about it, you shouldn't be using the NLB manager to manage the firewall array. You should be using the firewall console.

http://pass-4sure.me.uk

(in reply to gavind)
Post #: 5
RE: TMG SP2 Installation problem - 7.Dec.2013 5:44:21 AM   
Joan149

After posting I see the diagram I made is totally messed up. I can send you a jpg diagram if needed. I cannot upload it here though.

(in reply to Costas)

>m Goooood<

(in reply to aiza)
Post #: 6
RE: TMG SP2 Installation problem - 5.Jan.2017 9:09:02 AM   
bdy73

I know this is an old thread on an old product, but I had the same issues and thought I'd document how I was able to get my TMG 2010 SP2 install to complete instead of hanging at "Creating the services configuration"

So this is for all 2 people still running TMG 2010.

For me, it was as simple as uninstalling the Forefront Endpoint Protection. I'd disabled it, but it wasn't enough. Once uninstalled, the SP2 install was able to complete on my box in about 15 minutes.

When I tried to install Rollup 5, it hung up again (Even though I still hadn't put Forefront Endpoint Protection back on). I ended up removing from the domain, the install would then complete successfully and added back to the domain.

< Message edited by bdy73 -- 5.Jan.2017 9:10:47 AM >

(in reply to tulkas)
Post #: 7

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Threat Management Gateway (TMG) 2010] >> Installation >> TMG SP2 Installation problem Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts