• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

URL Names in Cache

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Cache] >> General >> URL Names in Cache Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
URL Names in Cache - 1.Apr.2004 3:46:00 PM   
JayG

Hi

I have installed ISA 2004 on a W2003 server, and caching is set up & working fine. The only problem is that the cache tool shows IPs instead of URL names. I can expand the IP listing to see the correct URL, but with a large cache this is very time-consuming.

I have also installed ISA 2004 on another server for caching only, and the cache tool correctly displays URLs instead of IPs.

Any ideas?

Cheers,

Jay
Post #: 1
RE: URL Names in Cache - 1.Apr.2004 10:11:00 PM   
tshinder

Hi Jay,

Good question. Are you using Web Proxy clients to connect to both machines?

Thanks!
Tom

(in reply to JayG)
Post #: 2
RE: URL Names in Cache - 2.Apr.2004 4:42:00 PM   
JayG

The first machine (which I'll refer to as FW) is acting as a firewall & caching server with transparent caching. To achieve this, web proxy clients are enabled on the web proxy tab for the properties of the internal network; HTTP is also enabled in the same place, with the port set to 80. The final piece of the transparent caching puzzle was to create a new web listener, with the internal network selected & HTTP enabled on port 80. As FW is the internal network's gateway, this allows for web caching for all clients on the internal network with no need for reconfiguration of the client machines.

The second server (which I'll refer to as CS) has only one NIC, and simply has a cache drive defined, with no need for a web listener. CS is being deployed to a subnet where the clients are already configured to go through a separate firewall, so I have manually configured the Internet Explorer settings on a test machine to use CS as a proxy.

(in reply to JayG)
Post #: 3
RE: URL Names in Cache - 3.Apr.2004 10:27:00 PM   
tshinder

Hi Jay,

I wondering why you need to create a new Web listener. Why not use the one included in the Internal Network properites?

Thanks!
Tom

(in reply to JayG)
Post #: 4
RE: URL Names in Cache - 5.Apr.2004 10:50:00 AM   
JayG

Another good question. Transparent caching didn't appear to work on FW until an additional listener was created.

(in reply to JayG)
Post #: 5
RE: URL Names in Cache - 5.Apr.2004 6:29:00 PM   
tshinder

Hi Jay,

It should work with the default Internal network Web Proxy listener. Did you enable that one?

Thanks!
Tom

(in reply to JayG)
Post #: 6
RE: URL Names in Cache - 6.Apr.2004 1:40:00 PM   
JayG

Yup, the internal network listener is enabled. For testing, I have just deleted the additional listener I created on FW, removed the cache drive & restarted ISA services. Next, I set up the cache drive again, then restarted ISA services for a second time. Transparent caching is working fine as before, but the cache tool is still showing IPs rather than URL names.

(in reply to JayG)
Post #: 7
RE: URL Names in Cache - 7.Apr.2004 2:53:00 PM   
tshinder

Hi Jay,

This is definitely a bug in the beta build. I don't think you'll find the same thing in the final release.

Thanks!
Tom

(in reply to JayG)
Post #: 8
RE: URL Names in Cache - 7.Apr.2004 3:00:00 PM   
JayG

Thanks Tom - is Microsoft any closer to naming a release date for the final version?

(in reply to JayG)
Post #: 9
RE: URL Names in Cache - 9.Apr.2004 4:39:00 AM   
tshinder

Hi Jay,

Not yet, but its not too far away, sometime in the Summer probably.

HTH,
Tom

(in reply to JayG)
Post #: 10

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Cache] >> General >> URL Names in Cache Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts