• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Unaproved requests from External Interface

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA 2006 Firewall] >> Access Policies >> Unaproved requests from External Interface Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Unaproved requests from External Interface - 26.Mar.2007 9:35:21 PM   
webster12

We have a 3 tier ISA 2006 Configuration
Internal , DMZ, External
the external interface is connected to a H/W FW not controlled by us.  When this external F/W recieves a number of requests on invalid ports the system drops all connections to the system for 60 sec's preventing anyone on the internal network from accessing the Internet.

I have discovered via monitoring that the illegal requests which are intermitent are coming from the IP Address on the external interface.  I have created an access rule denying all external access from this address.  The request are still being accepted and allowed on ports like 5252 and 81 causing the external firewall to drop connections (This rule is also the first rule in the list).  How is this so?  It is only specific things which are being allowed.  I have also tried to block those specific ports with a rule and they are still allowed connection?  Does anyone have any ideas as to why this is happening.

thanks for the help in advance

Brian Webb
Systems Engineer
Post #: 1
RE: Unaproved requests from External Interface - 9.Apr.2007 11:25:15 AM   
tshinder

Hi Brian,

The ISA Firewall will only pass connections for which there is an allow rule.

You might want to double check your rules and see what's going on.

HTH,
Tom

Thomas W Shinder, M.D.

(in reply to webster12)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA 2006 Firewall] >> Access Policies >> Unaproved requests from External Interface Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts