• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Utility for analysing app or server port usage, etc

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 Firewall] >> Firewall Client >> Utility for analysing app or server port usage, etc Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Utility for analysing app or server port usage, etc - 28.Aug.2003 1:38:00 AM   
Money Penney

Not sure if that was the best title... what I am looking for is a utility that will help me monitor an application (could be a a server application) so that I can work out the best way to configure ISA to allow the application to work correctly with the greatest security.

For example, lets say I have this application that I am testing... it fails to work with ISA so I do some research and find some confusing information about the Ports it listens on and uses for outbound traffic.

I open those ports and find it works partially but has problems with disconnections, etc.

Assuming that I cannot get a good rundown on how it works from the author of the application, is there a utility that will tell me how this application interacts with ISA, and maybe highlighting the connections that are going wrong. Or maybe allow me to compare how it works if I use it without ISA and then with ISA.

Currently I (try) and use NetMon and tools such as APorts (shows ports applications are using in realtime but not the order they are used and no history) and a bit of trial and error. However this does not help with things like Firewall Client application settings and the like.

Perhaps I am dreaming but surely there could be a tool that either runs on the client, or even plugs into ISA and helps you analyse an application so that you can get this information fairly easily???
Post #: 1

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 Firewall] >> Firewall Client >> Utility for analysing app or server port usage, etc Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts