• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

VPN client cannot put files to internal FTP server

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA 2006 General] >> Installation and Planning >> VPN client cannot put files to internal FTP server Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
VPN client cannot put files to internal FTP server - 18.Jul.2008 3:53:56 PM   
JW

I have one VPN client that needs to upload files to an FTP server on our local network.  It can connect to the FTP server just fine, list files, even get files, but cannot put.  Testing through the command line FTP program, I get this...

200 PORT command
550 Access is denied

I don't have this issue if I FTP from a local client, using the same credentials.  I also do not see anything being logged in ISA when I attempt the put, only when I connect and disconnect from the FTP server.  I set up a rule to allow FTP to/from anywhere, and also a rule to allow anything to/from this particular client, with no success.
Post #: 1
RE: VPN client cannot put files to internal FTP server - 19.Jul.2008 5:50:23 AM   
JamesMarie

Trying installing Firewall Client software on the Client machine and check. I believe that it will resolve this issue.

(in reply to JW)
Post #: 2
RE: VPN client cannot put files to internal FTP server - 19.Jul.2008 6:48:30 AM   
gbarnas

Did you tell ISA that this is a READ/WRITE service? By default, even if you define the rule as To/From, it blocks writes. Right-click your rule and select Configure FTP, then uncheck the Read Only box, which is checked by default.

Glenn

(in reply to JW)
Post #: 3
RE: VPN client cannot put files to internal FTP server - 19.Jul.2008 9:16:10 AM   
elmajdal

Hi,

Check this : Allowing FTP Uploads Through ISA Server 2004/2006

its the same for the FTP Publishing Rule.

Tarek Majdalani

Windows Expert - IT Pro MVP
Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/ElMajdal.Net

(in reply to JW)
Post #: 4
RE: VPN client cannot put files to internal FTP server - 21.Jul.2008 11:03:52 AM   
JW

Would you believe none of that worked?  The firewall client can't connect at all, and turning off the read-only checkbox in the FTP rules didn't make any difference.  What else could I be missing?

(in reply to elmajdal)
Post #: 5

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA 2006 General] >> Installation and Planning >> VPN client cannot put files to internal FTP server Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts