• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

WSUS access from clients through ISA 2006

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA 2006 Firewall] >> Access Policies >> WSUS access from clients through ISA 2006 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
WSUS access from clients through ISA 2006 - 20.Jun.2007 9:41:13 AM   
tomallan

I've got a WSUS server which I want to use to manage all our workstations.  There is an ISA 2006 in between the workstations and the WSUS and I've setup an access rule to allow access on HTTP/HTTPS.  My two test machines have been configured via group policy and are showing up on the WSUS console, however it is detecting both of their IP addresses to be that of the ISA server.

I also added a direct connection rule for the WSUS server.

I am guessing the ISA is doing HTTP proxy on the traffic to the WSUS, hence why its IP address is showing up instead of the workstations.  How do I get around this?

Thanks.
Post #: 1
RE: WSUS access from clients through ISA 2006 - 20.Jun.2007 5:06:42 PM   
marcus2v

Sounds like you have a NAT relationship set up between the network the test machines are on and the network the WSUS server is on, change it to route relationship (depending on networks involved you might need to set up another network in ISA/routes etc..).

(in reply to tomallan)
Post #: 2
RE: WSUS access from clients through ISA 2006 - 20.Jun.2007 5:09:37 PM   
elmajdal

HI,

Why your WSUS is not located in the Internal Network as it should be ??

Tarek Majdalani

Windows Expert - IT Pro MVP
Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/ElMajdal.Net

(in reply to tomallan)
Post #: 3
RE: WSUS access from clients through ISA 2006 - 21.Jun.2007 4:03:03 AM   
tomallan

Thanks for the responses.

The networks in question are definitely setup to route, not NAT which is why I am confused.  I think its more to do with the ISA interception the HTTP traffic on the way to WSUS and sending it on as its own request (proxy).

elamjdal - the WSUS is on an internal network where all our servers are located, however we use an ISA server internally between each VLAN for granular security.  Out workstations are therefore on a different network segment, with an ISA to pass through to get to the servers.

Thanks!

(in reply to elmajdal)
Post #: 4

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA 2006 Firewall] >> Access Policies >> WSUS access from clients through ISA 2006 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts