• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Web Listener doesn't see IP address. Event ID 21216

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA 2006 Firewall] >> General >> Web Listener doesn't see IP address. Event ID 21216 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Web Listener doesn't see IP address. Event ID 21216 - 19.Nov.2007 12:27:37 PM   
jbrown04

Hello -

I am trying to bring up an ISA 2006 server in parallel to our ISA 2004 server.  I had issues migrating the 2004 rules to 2006, so I decided to simply manually add the rules to 2006.

After shutting the 2004 server off and adding all the IP addresses to the 2006 box, I started adding rules for our web sites.  Every web site I try to publish generates Event Log ID 21216:

Event Type: Error
Event Source: Microsoft ISA Server Web Proxy
Event Category: None
Event ID: 21216
Date:  11/18/2007
Time:  11:40:50 PM
User:  N/A
Computer: 
Description:
The Web publishing rule Info failed because the Web listener selected for the rule is not valid. Verify that the Web listener specifies a valid IP address on this computer.

None of the web publishing rules work. I can see all the IP addresses on the NIC, and I can see the IP addresses when I select them for the Web Listeners. 
ISA 2006 Standard (Version: 5.0.5721.240), Server 2003 SP1.

Anyone have any experience with this?  Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.
Post #: 1
RE: Web Listener doesn't see IP address. Event ID 21216 - 24.Nov.2007 2:38:30 PM   
mylo

Couple of things:

- Did you join the ISA 2006 Server to the same array as the 2004 server?
- Have you tried removing and recreating the listeners?

Failing that.. can you post your IP configuration for your new ISA Server 2006 to the forums?

Regards,
Mylo

(in reply to jbrown04)
Post #: 2
RE: Web Listener doesn't see IP address. Event ID 21216 - 26.Nov.2007 12:34:51 PM   
jbrown04

Hello -

Thanks for your response.  I am past that error and I am working through multiple other problems.  At this point I am going to rebuild from sratch and start over.

Thanks again for your response though.

(in reply to jbrown04)
Post #: 3
RE: Web Listener doesn't see IP address. Event ID 21216 - 18.Apr.2008 4:22:33 AM   
markr999

I'm getting the same but on an ISA 2004 SP3

Event ID: 21216
Source: Microsoft ISA Server Web Proxy

Web publishing rule [PKI] failed because the Web listener selected for the rule is not valid. Verify that the Web listener specifies a valid IP address on this computer.

I've deleted the rule and listener and recreated them. The rule was working until 3 days ago. There are 4 servers in the array, each with an additional IP assigned to each untrusted NIC respectively. The listener has all 4 addresses listening. This is a straight forward web server publishing rule publishing an internal server on port 80. If I type the internal address in the browser (on one of the ISAs) the website is displayed, but it will not work when I type the listener address in the browser. I get an ISA denied URL message "Error Code: 403 Forbidden. The server denied the specified Uniform Resource Locator (URL)". Logging reveals that the rule seems to being bypassed and is being denied by "80 http Denied Connection [Enterprise] Default rule.

Other webpublishing rules on this server are functioning correctly.

Any ideas?
Denied Connection
[Enterprise] Default rule

(in reply to jbrown04)
Post #: 4

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA 2006 Firewall] >> General >> Web Listener doesn't see IP address. Event ID 21216 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts