• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Web publishing rule being missed

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 General ] >> Web Publishing >> Web publishing rule being missed Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Web publishing rule being missed - 12.Nov.2009 9:50:44 AM   
liddane

Hi,
I was looking for some help....
I have recently moved one of our web servers from one of our branch offices to another one of our sites.

We have an ISA server 2004 box at the site and I have created a publishing rule in order to publish the site.
The rule has the public DNS name for the server i.e. www.site.com, the external interface of the ISA server as the default listener, the web servers IP address included.

The problem seems to be when I use an external PC to access the site I get page cannot be displayed.
When checking the monitoring tab and look at the incoming connections from the client PC, I notice that the requests are being denied by the default Rule. So it looks like my publishing rule is being completley ignored. I have checked to make sure the public name is the exact match for the dns record for the site. Any other reasons why rules may be missed?

Thanks In advance
Anth
Post #: 1
RE: Web publishing rule being missed - 12.Nov.2009 2:07:42 PM   
Rotorblade

Can you post the details of your publishing rule?

RB

David Melvin
Ohio
MCSE: Security 2003, MCSA:Security 2003

(in reply to liddane)
Post #: 2
RE: Web publishing rule being missed - 14.Aug.2011 1:42:04 AM   
labuji

Hello guys I got similar situation with ISA 2k6, I changed the listener port from 80 (default) to 8080 and everything works fine, I can access it externally.  I also tried changing it to anything (e.g. 81) and its working pretty well.  Can someone help me get it working at port 80?

Thanks in advance

(in reply to Rotorblade)
Post #: 3

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 General ] >> Web Publishing >> Web publishing rule being missed Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts