• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Web publishing url logging

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Firewall] >> Logging and Reporting >> Web publishing url logging Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Web publishing url logging - 6.Aug.2005 9:08:00 AM   
bn8959

Hello,

I have an ISA2004 firewall publishing web requests to various IIS and apache web servers. Multiple sites are hosted on an ip. In the ISA logs the url column always seems to dump the original host header and only report the ip of the request, eg http://10.1.0.15/image.jpg (not http://www.site.com/image.jpg), this means that it makes it impossible to tell which sites are being hit when there are multiple sites on a single ip. The logs work fine for outgoing requests, but since this is a server farm, outgoing requests are not important.

Any help would be appreciated.
Post #: 1
RE: Web publishing url logging - 16.Aug.2005 8:16:00 PM   
tshinder

Hi BN,

Web Publishing Rules will alwasy show the name of the site, assuming that the Web Publishing Rule was configured correctly.

HTH,
Tom

(in reply to bn8959)
Post #: 2
RE: Web publishing url logging - 17.Aug.2005 3:12:00 AM   
bn8959

Hi Tom,

Thanks for replying. I realised that what it is doing it reporting the host of where the request is being published to, not the original host header. Since nearly all web requests are being published to the same IP, it reports that - and as such makes the logs a little harder to interpret. I was considering adding a host name for each published site in the internal DNS, all pointing to the same place, so that the logged URLs showed different hosts (still not the correct ones, but easier to read).

Do you have any suggestions?

Thanks,

Ben

(in reply to bn8959)
Post #: 3

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Firewall] >> Logging and Reporting >> Web publishing url logging Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts